Author Topic: Congratulations to the Pistons  (Read 1067 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Congratulations to the Pistons
« on: June 16, 2004, 10:37:45 AM »
Sincere congrats to Larry Brown and the organization.  They played extremely well and were clearly the better team in the series.  I was impressed with their team's balance and I believe that, along with their relentless energy and team defense was the difference in the series.  My hat's off to them.  

I'd also like to thank the Lakers players, coaching staff and organization for a great season.  I'm still feeling the sharp sting of disappointment this a.m., and will probably feel this one for quite a while ...  but in looking back objectively, I'm proud of what these guys were able to accomplish this season, albeit the most frustrating one I've ever endured as a fan in my 20+ years of following this team.  Malone missed half of the regular season, Kobe battling injuries and a bogus rape charge, Shaq battling injuries and chronic laziness, Fox coming back from a devastating injury a year older and unable to contribute, Horace not being available for the last several weeks of the reg season and playoffs, George just not having a brain, the constant media (local and national) scrutiny, two new guys learning not only a new system, but one vastly different then what they've known for 14 & 18 years ...

It will be an interesting offseason in Laker land.  I hope they keep Kobe at all costs and build around him, which is what I believe Jerry Buss intends to do.  Shaq is clearly on his last legs, I would even be open to the idea of trading him while you can still get something.  I'd also like to see Phil and his staff remain, but I'm not sure the triangle will be the best for this team moving forward.