Author Topic: The Kobe Bryant Achievement Thread  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
The Kobe Bryant Achievement Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 10:28:12 PM »
I saw a lot more of Kobe on TV than Iverson this year.

I don't think anyone saw much of Iverson the last half of the year.

Also, MJ may not have been MJ those 2 years with the Wizards, but he was still pretty darn good.  I wouldn't call it an embarrasment.

There are many two guards in this league who would like to average 23 pts, 6 boards and 5.2 assists per game like he did his 2nd last year, including a few on his team.  Heck, how many 2 guards in this league average 20/6/4 on 44.5% shooting?  He did that at the age of 40.

shoot.  23 ppg in only 35 minutes.  if that's an embarrasment i want a few more on the sixers.  and he could still average 1.5 steals/game to boot.

granted, it may not have been 37 ppg, or 32.5/8/8 like he did earlier in his career, but it wasn't an embarrasment.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 09:49:58 AM »
It was his double speak about why he was playing for the Wizards.  Kinda backs up the stories from his Bulls team mates about his ego.  Supposedly MJ was there to teach the kids instead he just berrated them and called Kwame a fag.  MJ didn't care about teaching anyone, he wanted to be the hero again and get the Wiz into the playoffs.

I'm a fan of MJ but he's far from the "end all".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 01:57:12 PM »
It was his double speak about why he was playing for the Wizards.  Kinda backs up the stories from his Bulls team mates about his ego.  Supposedly MJ was there to teach the kids instead he just berrated them and called Kwame a fag.  MJ didn't care about teaching anyone, he wanted to be the hero again and get the Wiz into the playoffs.

I'm a fan of MJ but he's far from the "end all".
Please show me the quote where I stated MJ was the "end all."

Okay, I know, it's played out.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton