Author Topic: What really happened?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What really happened?
« on: June 12, 2004, 08:47:39 AM »
Okay now  the article says "edge of court" while the MailCheap says "on the court".  I didn't tape the pregame (article says shown repeatedly) but surely someone did.  Someone other then Westkoast or Dan.  Has the Mailcheap taken his antics to courtside people now?  Or was the guy way out of line, on the court and horking a loogie at Malone?  

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Police are investigating a confrontation between Karl Malone and a fan who says the Lakers' forward poked him in the face before Game 3 of the NBA Finals.

In a dispute shown repeatedly on national television, the man was at the edge of the court during Los Angeles' layup drill before Thursday night's game, won by the Detroit Pistons 88-68.

Malone, a 19-year NBA veteran and the league's second-leading career scorer, said Friday that the fan had obviously been drinking and spit in his face while heckling him.

"He was really out of line," Malone said. "Just because you buy a ticket doesn't mean you should be able to get on the court and degrade somebody."
(Reality here:)  "Malone you mean like Jack Wrinkleson at Staples?"

Malone shouted back and jabbed his right index finger at the man, whose head jerked backward. As to whether he made contact, Malone said, "Maybe I did, but he was in my playing field.

"He was on the court. Where was the security in the arena?" he said.

The unidentified man complained to the Auburn Hills police.

"At this time, the investigation is going on and we are not releasing any information about the case," police Lt. James Manning said.

Manning said police would release more information Monday.

"I'm not going to let a guy spit on me," Malone said. "I'm not going to take that. I've never had that happen before."

Malone also said fans have harassed the Lakers at their hotel in nearby Birmingham, Mich.

"They did it all night long until the cops came," Malone said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004...tory?id=1820204
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 10:00:18 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What really happened?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 02:33:42 PM »
Once again the king of bias shows his true colors........if someone spit on me I would have socked em in the face.  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What really happened?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 09:53:02 PM »
Once again the queen of Twist joins in.

Notice i asked "What happened?"  

Indeed if Malone was spat upon i bear no judgement in his poking the spitter in the eye.  Can't say i wouldn't do the same.

don be Hatin.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What really happened?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 02:08:40 AM »
Once again the queen of Twist joins in.

Notice i asked "What happened?"  

Indeed if Malone was spat upon i bear no judgement in his poking the spitter in the eye.  Can't say i wouldn't do the same.

don be Hatin.
Notice your tone in the first paragraph 'nough said
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What really happened?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 10:17:45 AM »
Edited.

In fact Randy has always seen and continues to see Mailman for what he is on the subject of cheapies, so he shouldn't have been on the original post in the 1st place.
My bad.

So back to the subject if any saw what actually came down, those who are not offended by anything less then glittering reports on the Purple and Golden Karl....