Author Topic: Free throw discrepancy?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Free throw discrepancy?
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:19:01 AM »
... I expect a full report by the end of the day.  Put that TiVo to use buddy.  You're the resident conspiracy theorist.  Don't you think the league needs to bolster the Eastern Conference fan base after years of getting trounced by the West?  It will be great for the league and TV ratings.  It's obvious that's why the Pistons are allowed to hack the shyte out of any and all Lakers, but Payton so much as love taps Chauncy 45 feet away from the basket .... TWEET ... personal foul  :bs:

Seriously, the Pistons are kicking our A**ES!  Props to them for taking it to us.  They're D is exceptional ... but the Lakers aren't as horrible as they look.  Or are they?  I'd love to beeyatch about the officiating, but the Lakers just aren't being aggressive and, AS ALWAYS, the more aggressive team tends to get more calls.  A must win Sunday.  I'm keeping faith, but it's not easy when the Lakers have played like scared 9-year old girls for 144 minutes of the 149 mins played to date.  Nothing is easy with this team this season!

Guest_Randy

Free throw discrepancy?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 11:44:51 AM »
... I expect a full report by the end of the day.  Put that TiVo to use buddy.  You're the resident conspiracy theorist.  Don't you think the league needs to bolster the Eastern Conference fan base after years of getting trounced by the West?  It will be great for the league and TV ratings.  It's obvious that's why the Pistons are allowed to hack the shyte out of any and all Lakers, but Payton so much as love taps Chauncy 45 feet away from the basket .... TWEET ... personal foul  :bs:

Seriously, the Pistons are kicking our A**ES!  Props to them for taking it to us.  They're D is exceptional ... but the Lakers aren't as horrible as they look.  Or are they?  I'd love to beeyatch about the officiating, but the Lakers just aren't being aggressive and, AS ALWAYS, the more aggressive team tends to get more calls.  A must win Sunday.  I'm keeping faith, but it's not easy when the Lakers have played like scared 9-year old girls for 144 minutes of the 149 mins played to date.  Nothing is easy with this team this season!
The refs AREN'T the reason the Lakers lost game #3 but I was quite perplexed at the "hand check" foul on GP when the Pistons have their hands all over Kobe with and without the ball.  I mean, okay, it's the finals -- they aren't going to call that -- but GP's handcheck wasn't one that was giving him an edge -- it was the refs letting GP know they aren't going to allow him to put his hands on Billups.  Okay, then call it EVERY time it happens on BOTH ends of the floor.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Free throw discrepancy?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 01:15:50 PM »
The refs AREN'T the reason the Lakers lost game #3 but I was quite perplexed at the "hand check" foul on GP when the Pistons have their hands all over Kobe with and without the ball.  I mean, okay, it's the finals -- they aren't going to call that -- but GP's handcheck wasn't one that was giving him an edge -- it was the refs letting GP know they aren't going to allow him to put his hands on Billups.  Okay, then call it EVERY time it happens on BOTH ends of the floor.
Agreed about the calls on Gary.  I also had a big problem with the refs in the first 5 minutes.  Apart from that this has been the best officated series thus far.  The Lakers are just not being aggressive enough to warrent getting to the line.  When the Lakers were down 20 suddenly the switch came ON.  To bad it was the bench on the floor at the time.  

I'm tired of Shaq's "get me the ball" nonsense.  While I agree Shaq needs more touches I CANNOT excuse his lack of effort on defense and rebounding.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Free throw discrepancy?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 01:21:22 PM »
I hate to do this but . . .

I gotta give props to the Laker fans who aren't beeyatching about the FT discrepancy. I came in to work today expecting to read all about it, and you guys are being pretty objective about it.

I mean, even WoW is under control! Amazing. Props.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Free throw discrepancy?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 09:23:57 PM »
msc I'm at a 3 day convention so my Laker exposing skills will be on Tivo for now.

However i did see sprilklets of the 1st half and all of the 2nd half of Game 3.  Distracted, but nonetheless i saw a good chunck of qtrs 3 and 4.
Pistons team D and spec team rebounding and team loose ball coralling is outstanding.

Billips and Rip are wasting your guards except for Kobe, and even he they are working.

We do not agree on the ALWAYS AGRESSIVE team gets the calls.  Bullstink.  Other teams have been AGG in title years I & III vs the Purple and Gold.
Shraqs planting a foot and driving into the opponent seems to be no longer allowed in the 2004 playoffs.  The Kobme elbow to Bibbys jaw, Game 6 Kings fiasco lets not go over it all.
Swishers flopping crap.  Hes not getting it this series.

Sticking with this series, there is no getting around the #s.  Statistically has a Phildo Lakers team EVER shot less FTAs in the 1st 3 games of ANY playoff series?
Have they ever shot more in 2 of the 1st three.   30-13 advantage, that % more FTs ever taken by a Phildo Lakers opponent?  Im gonna say not even close.

Pure pleasure watching Big Ben be able to operate on Big Shaq without the foul calling BS.  I've said since the start of the year i have never seen Shaq and Kobe officiated like this year, with this series being that statement to the tenth power.
Eldons breakaway dunk was nice too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 09:51:36 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Free throw discrepancy?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 11:00:12 PM »
I hate to do this but . . .

I gotta give props to the Laker fans who aren't beeyatching about the FT discrepancy. I came in to work today expecting to read all about it, and you guys are being pretty objective about it.

I mean, even WoW is under control! Amazing. Props.
Not even the purple and gold smog can keep Laker fans from seeing that this team has turned into a jump shooting team hucking up threes and long jumpers.  I give the Pistons defense alot of props for getting the Lakers out of what they do.  Pretty much the Lakers dont deserve to goto the line if they choose to shoot jump shots for 47 minutes.  Simple as that.  The Pistons shot more freethrows because the Lakers got themselves into the penalty very quickly by playing lazy half #$% defense.

Since I feel like grippin ( :lol: ) I do wonder how Ben Wallace went from around 240 pounds to 180 between game 1 and games 2/3.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com