Author Topic: Lurker...  (Read 1536 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Lurker...
« on: May 17, 2004, 09:55:28 AM »
hewy what do you think about Devin Brown, the kid has put on some muscle, big muscle since leaving UTSA, he has a frame similar to that of the Lebron james or Carmelo, which makes him surprisingly good for being so young and coming off the becnh.  i am not saying he will Ever be as good as either of them, but the kid has a future in this league and on this team, i think he has potential to grow into a six man, a very good six man.  what do you thinm?  I was very impressed with him in the playoffs he really turned it on and showed no fear, Manu must be rubbing off on him or something...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Lurker...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »
HE needs to learn to play some defense to be more effective, his shooting is excellent but I think a 6th man needs more than just offensive potential, he sure had a good series against LA, the kid can flat shoot.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Lurker...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:30:34 AM »
SpursX3...yes, I love the way Devin has developed this year.  He brings a lot of energy to the floor.  Mario Elie has hooked onto him and works regularly with him. ...constantly reminding Devin that it took hard work to make it to the NBA and that it will take continued hard work to stay in the NBA.  Brown has the opportunity to make a solid career for himself as long as his head (or agent's head) doesn't get to big and forget that he is just a role player.  He very well could make Hedo expendable.

Dan, I think you underestimate Brown's defense.  He hustles and has good quickness in his feet.  The big problem against LA is that he was almost always matched up against Kobe.  And Kobe wasn't going to let anyone defend him.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Lurker...
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »
SpursX3...yes, I love the way Devin has developed this year.  He brings a lot of energy to the floor.  Mario Elie has hooked onto him and works regularly with him. ...constantly reminding Devin that it took hard work to make it to the NBA and that it will take continued hard work to stay in the NBA.  Brown has the opportunity to make a solid career for himself as long as his head (or agent's head) doesn't get to big and forget that he is just a role player.  He very well could make Hedo expendable.

Dan, I think you underestimate Brown's defense.  He hustles and has good quickness in his feet.  The big problem against LA is that he was almost always matched up against Kobe.  And Kobe wasn't going to let anyone defend him.
devin played on kobe well for being the league and this level for such a short time, i dont remember what game it was maybe game four, kobe went up for a three at the buzzer, fake the shot to draw the defender (brown) brown bit and went up, but when he was in the air and figured out kobe faked he somehow kept his body straight and came down arms straight up, smart play, very good play for a young player, kobe pulled a veteran move on him for and easy three point trip to the foul line...i was impressed.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Lurker...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:32:50 AM »
Devin Brown did great on both the O and the D end.

My only beef was why not play him more.  Altho Popavitch did give him 28 in Game 6 i would have liked to have seen 40.  Obviously everyone else, i mean all the rest had lost their shooting touch.  1-22 on 3 pters?  :eek2:   As the saying goes that's hard to do if even if you are trying.

yes Brown did great, down the stretch in the Swisher Miracle Game 5 Brown helped key the comeback.

Guest_Randy

Lurker...
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 12:09:05 PM »
Dan, I think you underestimate Brown's defense. He hustles and has good quickness in his feet. The big problem against LA is that he was almost always matched up against Kobe. And Kobe wasn't going to let anyone defend him.

PLEASE someone HELP me!  I am going to agree with Lurker  :crazy:  -- just what I need -- more time in therapy this week.

Brown did a very good job defensively on the floor -- is he the defender that Bowen is?  Absolutely not, but there aren't but a handful in the league that are -- I think Manu is a very good defender as well and I think Brown played as well if not better defensively than Manu did.  Brown doesn't bite as much as Manu and Manu is a gambler -- he likes to go for the steals and Brown doesn't do that.  Brown also gave the Spurs some much needed offense and hit the spot-up shot -- something that NONE of the Spurs were doing (okay, Manu and Rasho did a little).  

I think Pop made a HUGE mistake by not playing Rose more.  Rose would have been a better choice on the floor than Willis, IMO, because Rose can spread the floor more with his outside shot.  He also plays Shaq just as well as anyone on the Spurs roster and pound-for-pound, I think he is a better rebounder than anyone on the Spurs roster save TD.  Granted, Horry fits in GREAT with the Spurs defensive zone but the changes that PJ made (aka Tex Winters) after game 2 help negate that zone and Rose's presence on the floor would have helped the Spurs a great deal, IMO.  Sometimes Pop gets "tunnel syndrome" and can't see what he needs to do -- only what he is doing.