Author Topic: Games not over yet  (Read 1142 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Games not over yet
« on: May 16, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »
LA held off our pressure and came out with the win, this is Fishers year IMO.  Payton looks like a joke compared to someone as dependable and patient as Fisher.  It will be interesting to see what LA does this summer to keep SOME kind of championship team going.  I thought it was a good series, both teams batled it out, LA showed a lot of heart, and Kobe despite all the stuff going on kick @ss.

I would have like to see the Spurs win, but losing home court was the biggest mistake they made, i felt if they went seven they could have won.  too bad.  It was nice being champs again but its time to pass the ring on to someone else.  the refs let the game play in this one, it was a fair and solid win.  I for one thought our team this year was not as good as the one last year - but i thought they were damn close and still capable of winning - i am happy in the fact that if we can pick up the parts we want this summer we will have a better team that either year and should be back in the final next summer - especially if LA falls apart this summer  :up:   So LA keep the trophy warm, let PJ retire with the winningest title record in all four major american sports, let Karl finally get his ring, even that liitle beeeyatch payton (he whines too damn much).  and beat minnie or sacto in the next round.  I for one am of the mind set that if we lose the title, it BETTER be to the team that takes the title from us - since that wont be an east team this year, i hold LA up to the expectation that THEY will do it again this year.  no offense to minnie or sacto, they are both good teams, but i dont want to lose the ring to a team that cant finish it all.  

its almost over now...:bs:...actually its over  :hail:

:cheers:   this has to be THE series everyone wanted to see this summer

no  :cry: from me, I loved being the king for the season - especially being from such a small market city, atleast we have gotten a chance to hokld the title here in SA, other teams are still trying to get their chance, cant complain about that.  

I think we will be back next year.  good win guys, and you better win it all, like i said we WILL get it back next year!    B)

:cheers:   cheers - my hat goes to the lakers camp to win it all.. :up:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 12:42:14 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Games not over yet
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 01:13:42 AM »
Classy post, I know it's a bummer for you guys when you expected to win it all again.  I was pretty bummed myself last year, lucky for me "Jackass the Movie" came on Pay Per View (the pirate box edition) right after the historic Laker loss.

I'm not very confident with the Lakers chances next year.  Too many questions and way to many variables regarding who stays and who goes.

Karl Malone basically said he's done and Payton wants more money.  Kobe and PJ may or may not come back next year.  I'll enjoy this years run and I'll try to ignore the inevitable summer.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Games not over yet
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 01:29:40 AM »
Classy post, I know it's a bummer for you guys when you expected to win it all again.  I was pretty bummed myself last year, lucky for me "Jackass the Movie" came on Pay Per View (the pirate box edition) right after the historic Laker loss.

I'm not very confident with the Lakers chances next year.  Too many questions and way to many variables regarding who stays and who goes.

Karl Malone basically said he's done and Payton wants more money.  Kobe and PJ may or may not come back next year.  I'll enjoy this years run and I'll try to ignore the inevitable summer.
I think the one worry i had most was the fact that the spurs have never beaten a karl malone team ni a playoff series, that ghost came to haunt us this year..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

Games not over yet
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 10:38:20 AM »
Classy post, X3 -- it was definately a great series -- the best the playoffs will bring this year, IMO.  It was obvious that everyone in Tinseltime thought so too with courtside seats bringing $15,000 apiece (my understanding is that the Laker organization were willing to pay $10,000 to season ticket holders because sponsors wanted to watch the game last night).  

Just a couple of points on this series:
     1)  You can't fault TD for this series -- the Lakers played tough D on him and he STILL had a monster series.  Malone didn't have a great series offensively but he did his part against TD.
     2)  Kobe's antics in game 4 seemed to kill Bowen's spirit -- it seemed that he didn't do anything offensively after that game.
     3)  Devin Brown -- I think refs will remember his name now -- this guy showed NO fear and in last nights game was the only person doing anything offensively outside of TD -- this kid is a keeper.  Tough, hardnosed player who isn't afraid to go to the hole or knock down the open shot.
     4)  Hedo Turkoglu -- is this the reason the Kings gave up on him?  Is he another Samaki Walker (signs of brilliance but too few and disappears in big games)?  
     5)  Parker and Manu could help this team a great deal just by practicing their open shots -- Parker likes to shoot off of screens in motion and Manu (although he had a great shooting series from outside) just isn't a good shooter from range period.  This team would be deadly if these guys could spot up and knock down shots.  
     6)  I'd like to see Karl and GP get rings -- just because both have had an incredible career -- esp. Malone but I don't see EITHER of these guys returning next year.  Malone doesn't need the drama and GP wants more money.  GP has been a whiny guy this entire season (I don't get enough playing time, I don't get enough shots, I'm not getting my way, etc., etc., etc.).  It would be one thing IF the guy would be the defensive stopper we thought he would be but he needs help at this point in the career.
     7)  There were some GREAT coaching in this series -- moves made, adjustments made, etc.  I think the PJ (aka Tex Winters) made some beautiful adjustments that the Spurs just couldn't respond to -- on the defensive end (doubling TD and Parker -- esp. keeping Parker from driving for the most part and taking away a lot of pick-n-rolls) and on the offensive end (leaving the triangle for screen and rolls, etc.).  I enjoyed watching the chess match between the coaches.

It's a shame that these two teams had to meet so early -- I really do believe (along with most of the basketball world) that these are the two best teams in basketball.  I heard someone one sports show host say that the TWolves had been the most consistent team in the playoffs -- at which point he was almost laughed off the air.  

Last, the Spurs deserve props for being the team that caused the Lakers to HAVE to play together -- it sure wasn't happening before they met.  Listening to JVG yesterday made me laugh -- this Lakers team ISN'T the same team that the Rockets faced, that's for sure.

Thanks for the props (of course, I don't expect you to root for the Lakers now --  :rofl: !