Author Topic: Way to go Mavs!!!  (Read 4334 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Way to go Mavs!!!
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
The Diggler deserves a ring 10X more than LeFraud Shames aka King Coat Tail Rider.  So much for 7 rings in a row for Miami.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Way to go Mavs!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
Congrats to Dirk! He didn't have a great shooting night but once again he made enough key buckets in the fourth quarter.  Of course he also commands a lot of defensive attention and knows how to get the ball moving, resulting in open looks for his teammates.   

How different would the game have been if Miami had just hit some free throws? 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »
Ironic that Dirk took a team of role players to a title. Feel great for Dirk. This is right up there with Walton and the Blazers taking out the heavily favored 76ers IMO.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »
I think that's a pretty apt comparison, save for the fact that the Mavs are much older than the Blazers.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »
For all the flack everyone gives Cuban for his childish antics, he made a fan out of me for having the NBA trophy presented to former owner and founder Donald Cater. That was class!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 09:49:12 PM »
I think the country is more happy that Miami LOST than Dallas WON.  But I'll send out congratulations the Mavs way.

Dirk deserves it.  I'm happy for Kidd, Marion, Chandler, and JJ Barea.

Carlisle, Cuban, and Terry I could take or leave.  I will admit that Terry played a helluva series Game 4 on, but the Jet antics get annoying.  Carlisle tried losing it for his team a couple times (IAN MAHINMI FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!).  Cuban is silly and annoying most of the time but 1) he is a great owner for his team and 2) he grew up enough to STFU this year and let his team handle everything--REFS and all.

I am NOT happy for DeShawn Stevenson and Brendan Haywood.  In fact those two are sour notes for Dallas. 

=====================================================
Joe just pointed this out.  Lebron -24 plus/minus rating for Game 6.  Wow!!  He just doesn't have it in him (that may sum up a dissertation I could write on the difference between those with guts/heart and those without.)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
It was a really good series and you have to give the Mavs and Dirk their props.  It's nice to see Dirk get a ring -- same for Kidd, Chandler, Marion and Berea (all players I like watching) -- I wish they could do this without giving one to Terry and Cuban though.  Dirk really put the team on his shoulders but the rest of the team stepped up when he wasn't hitting.  One thing -- please give the "dirk is better than Larry Bird" thing a rest -- Dirk doesn't make my top 10 ever -- not sure about top 20.  It was a good series -- enjoyed seeing LeBron disappear -- Wade is the man for the Heat -- interesting that the "best player in the NBA" (i.e. LeBron) disappeared in the 4th quarter of every game.  My son shared a couple of jokes that are going around the web:  "be carefuly when asking LeBron change for a dollar -- he won't ever give you the fourth quarter" or "maybe LeBron should play hockey -- they don't play the fourth quarter either."  Good stuff.

I hate to see Wade not get another ring -- he is one of the top players in the league and always shows it and he is definately the leader of the Heat.  LeBron is a great player but perhaps this will quell all the MJ comparisons (thanks Steve Kerr -- well said).

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:16:05 PM »
Nice to see you Randy! I think the sentiments run pretty much the same, if they could give everyone a ring except Terry and Cuban, I would be happy for Dallas. As it is, I will have to settle for the satisfaction of knowing I was right all along about "Queen James" no heart, no drive, and no guts, what a total poser!
Dan

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 08:11:08 AM »
And then to make the comments he made -- sometimes his arrogance is in the Kobe Bryant class.  The guy can't admit that he failed to give it on the court (same with Kobe).

On another note, the Lakers have some serious problems and it's not a talent issue (although they definately need some more athletic ability) -- I don't know what happened in the locker room (perhaps stuff involving Gasol's g/f) but something has to change.  The Mavs made the Lakers look pathetic and while the Mavs played great, they don't deserve all the credit for making the Lakers look that bad.  Personally, I think that Bynum and Gasol don't play well together.  I think they both like to play inside out -- the Lakers would do better with someone who plays outside in or gets his points in a different way.  I would love to see the Lakers trade Bynum for Howard -- I think that would allow Gasol some freedom offensively and Howard would anchor the defense in a way that I don't think Bynum ever will (although i think that Bynum could be a better offensive player than Howard).  The Lakers need to add some speed -- esp. at the PG and SF position.  I really liked it better when Barnes was playing the 3.  Anyway, I don't know if the Lakers have the assets -- would the Hornets trade CP3 and Ariza for Gasol and Artest?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »
By-the-way, I don't think enough has been said for Rick Carlisle's coaching in this series.  His change of line-up really took it to the Heat who never really responded to dealing with Berea in the line-up.  Carlisle did a great coaching job throughout the entire playoffs -- don't think he has gotten the props he deserves.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
And then to make the comments he made -- sometimes his arrogance is in the Kobe Bryant class.  The guy can't admit that he failed to give it on the court (same with Kobe).
Randy?!
Randy is that you??!!

I'm glad to hear you survived the Missouri tornadoes.  Even if they were not real close to you.

Would you classify the Mavs win as "Mavs win" or "Heat Choke"?
To a lot, the obvious turning point was Miami up 13 with 6 minutes to go in Game 2.  They went into chest bumping celebration mode, Dallas came back.  Either way, from then on Dallas took it to them and Miami continually wilted in the 4th.
For me, it's 50-50.