Author Topic: NBA landscape facing major changes  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
NBA landscape facing major changes
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
Hey y'all!

Sports fans everywhere have been inundated with doomsday scenarios with regard to the CBA rift between NFL players and owners. These are relatively minuscule and insignificant when compared to the CBA Ragnarok that the NBA is facing like a deer in headlights (and if you've ever seen the aftermath of a deer vs automobile collision, you know it's not pretty for either party...right jn?). I was listening to an account of why the Knicks can't possibly get Chris Paul to complete their 'superstar triumvirate', due to the absolute certainty of a hard salary cap ($60M/yr  was the figure that was bandied about) being imposed in the next CBA. Look what happened to the NHL once the owners got real...it's coming, folks. And, there's lots of other icebergs out there...hazardous conditions ahead.

Shaq #1 (these were the days)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:29:01 AM by Rolando Blackman »
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA landscape facing major changes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »
I don't want to jump in between an argument of millionaires vs billionaires.  What I personally care about is when they make the NBA a bit more affordable for us fans especially those with families.  If they were lowering prices across the board in order to lower the prices for fans, I would be all for it.  Since they are trying to lower what they pay the players in order to maximize their own profits, I don't support it.  I also don't support the players trying to go for BIGGER pay days.  We've gone the last 10 years with the Eric Dampier's of the world making entirely too much money. 

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com