Author Topic: I guess they're not so think as you old they are!  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
I guess they're not so think as you old they are!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 10:31:38 AM »
Wow...someone had some of their mom's homemade hooch to celebrate mothers day.  Lurker maybe you post on another board and are talking about other Laker fans but I did not see a single Laker fan on this board that did not say the reason the Lakers lost both game 1 and game 2 was due to the great Spurs defense at the end of the quarters.

The Lakers did play bad in the first two games.....because of the Spurs defense.  The Spurs played bad last night because the Laker defense knocked them out of their comfort zone early which led to frustration (Parker wasnt scared...just not getting to do what he normally does), unforced turnovers, and kept them out of sync.  You know it is possible to say you played bad and still give credit to the other team.  Ive not heard a single player from the Lakers squad take anything from the Spurs at all.  Both Kobe and Shaq were interviewed after the game and expressed how good the Spurs team is and how they have to be close to perfect in order to beat the team.  Yes, Shaq did say those things believe it or not.

Again......its funny how you are making things up and then you go on to pretend we even think that way.  None of the posts since the begging of the series have even hinted around to anything like 'The other team on the court has no impact on the Lakers chances'  Sometimes I wonder if you are baiting or if you truly believe what you are posting.
Nope, no Mother's day hooch.  Gotta save that binge for when the Spurs eliminate the Lakers.  Yes, the comments about whether the opponent has any effect on the Lakers outcome was directed towards other boards and the comments SOME of the players made.  Mostly I was too lazy to modify the post which I put on a couple different boards.

Also I like to occasionally ruffle a few feathers.....you guys seem as indignant about my post as I did about WOW's post after game 2 about the refs.  Just another example of what goes around, comes around.

P.S.  BTW did I say the Lakers played a great game?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 11:51:24 AM »
Wow...someone had some of their mom's homemade hooch to celebrate mothers day.  Lurker maybe you post on another board and are talking about other Laker fans but I did not see a single Laker fan on this board that did not say the reason the Lakers lost both game 1 and game 2 was due to the great Spurs defense at the end of the quarters.

The Lakers did play bad in the first two games.....because of the Spurs defense.  The Spurs played bad last night because the Laker defense knocked them out of their comfort zone early which led to frustration (Parker wasnt scared...just not getting to do what he normally does), unforced turnovers, and kept them out of sync.  You know it is possible to say you played bad and still give credit to the other team.  Ive not heard a single player from the Lakers squad take anything from the Spurs at all.  Both Kobe and Shaq were interviewed after the game and expressed how good the Spurs team is and how they have to be close to perfect in order to beat the team.  Yes, Shaq did say those things believe it or not.

Again......its funny how you are making things up and then you go on to pretend we even think that way.  None of the posts since the begging of the series have even hinted around to anything like 'The other team on the court has no impact on the Lakers chances'  Sometimes I wonder if you are baiting or if you truly believe what you are posting.
Nope, no Mother's day hooch.  Gotta save that binge for when the Spurs eliminate the Lakers.  Yes, the comments about whether the opponent has any effect on the Lakers outcome was directed towards other boards and the comments SOME of the players made.  Mostly I was too lazy to modify the post which I put on a couple different boards.

Also I like to occasionally ruffle a few feathers.....you guys seem as indignant about my post as I did about WOW's post after game 2 about the refs.  Just another example of what goes around, comes around.

Thanx for the Props.  Normally I would be very excitied if the Lakers beat the Spurs by such a large margin......but you know they are still down 2-1, the Spurs are not going to play that way in game 4, and I don't want them to relax just because they had such a good game.  I mean its not like the Spurs are 16-1 over the last stretch of the season or anything.

As for your comments about the game........try not to be so obvious when you are trying to poke fun at WoW.  JoMaL can give some tips on subliminal Laker disses :lol"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 11:53:14 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 11:56:26 AM »
Wow...someone had some of their mom's homemade hooch to celebrate mothers day.  Lurker maybe you post on another board and are talking about other Laker fans but I did not see a single Laker fan on this board that did not say the reason the Lakers lost both game 1 and game 2 was due to the great Spurs defense at the end of the quarters.

The Lakers did play bad in the first two games.....because of the Spurs defense.  The Spurs played bad last night because the Laker defense knocked them out of their comfort zone early which led to frustration (Parker wasnt scared...just not getting to do what he normally does), unforced turnovers, and kept them out of sync.  You know it is possible to say you played bad and still give credit to the other team.  Ive not heard a single player from the Lakers squad take anything from the Spurs at all.  Both Kobe and Shaq were interviewed after the game and expressed how good the Spurs team is and how they have to be close to perfect in order to beat the team.  Yes, Shaq did say those things believe it or not.

Again......its funny how you are making things up and then you go on to pretend we even think that way.  None of the posts since the begging of the series have even hinted around to anything like 'The other team on the court has no impact on the Lakers chances'  Sometimes I wonder if you are baiting or if you truly believe what you are posting.

P.S.  BTW did I say the Lakers played a great game?

You got me, Lurker -- I was going to be SOO amazed that you gave props to the Lakers only to be unable to find a post where you stated that the Lakers played a great game.

I think most of the Laker fans HAVE stated that the Spurs played great after games 1 and 2 -- you might actually try showing some respect to other teams -- it's the age old response -- show some respect and then your team might get some.  Some of the Spurs fans have shown some respect to the Lakers for their win yesterday -- in spite of being unhappy at the outcome and feeling that their team didn't put their best product on the floor.  There are some OTHER fans here who will continue to refuse that the Lakers can't win unless it's:  a) because of the refs; B) stupid coaching; or c) choking by the players of the team they beat.  I would certainly hate to see you lumped in with bandwagon fans like that.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 12:45:03 PM »
You got me, Lurker -- I was going to be SOO amazed that you gave props to the Lakers only to be unable to find a post where you stated that the Lakers played a great game.

I think most of the Laker fans HAVE stated that the Spurs played great after games 1 and 2 -- you might actually try showing some respect to other teams -- it's the age old response -- show some respect and then your team might get some.  Some of the Spurs fans have shown some respect to the Lakers for their win yesterday -- in spite of being unhappy at the outcome and feeling that their team didn't put their best product on the floor.  There are some OTHER fans here who will continue to refuse that the Lakers can't win unless it's:  a) because of the refs; B) stupid coaching; or c) choking by the players of the team they beat.  I would certainly hate to see you lumped in with bandwagon fans like that.
And your reading comprehension continues to amaze me....or is that lack of reading comprehension.  I made it clear in my FIRST post today that the Lakers played a good game.  That the Spurs didn't match the energy.  And that all the Laker faithful deserved props.  And I even made sure to single you out by name, Randy.  

:ph34r:

Edit:  This was posted BEFORE I read Randy's response in the other thread.  
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 12:47:28 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 01:41:17 PM »

I think most of the Laker fans HAVE stated that the Spurs played great after games 1 and 2 -- you might actually try showing some respect to other teams -- it's the age old response -- show some respect and then your team might get some.  Some of the Spurs fans have shown some respect to the Lakers for their win yesterday -- in spite of being unhappy at the outcome and feeling that their team didn't put their best product on the floor.  There are some OTHER fans here who will continue to refuse that the Lakers can't win unless it's:  a) because of the refs; B) stupid coaching; or c) choking by the players of the team they beat.  I would certainly hate to see you lumped in with bandwagon fans like that.
And your reading comprehension continues to amaze me....or is that lack of reading comprehension.  I made it clear in my FIRST post today that the Lakers played a good game.  That the Spurs didn't match the energy.  And that all the Laker faithful deserved props.  And I even made sure to single you out by name, Randy.  

:ph34r:

Edit:  This was posted BEFORE I read Randy's response in the other thread.
Thanks, Lurker, I'll remember that.

And I like your avatar a lot better now -- although I was wondering if you didn't want to change it again -- perhaps that pained expression on Parkers face at the end of yesterday's game?  ;)  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 03:08:04 PM »
And I like your avatar a lot better now -- although I was wondering if you didn't want to change it again -- perhaps that pained expression on Parkers face at the end of yesterday's game?  ;)
Actually I changed the avatar last week after game 2....that is where the picture came from.

But then I have heard that news travels slowly in the northwest.
-Moody Blues