Author Topic: Bynum or Odom for Marshmello?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum or Odom for Marshmello?
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »
Lakers,

Should the collusion of Carmelo Anthony go down, would you rather lose Lamar Odom or Bynum?

Odom.  When at the top of his game, he'v very good.  Ted thinks he's one of the most athletically/genetically gifted in the game.
When he's in a sugar drop funk, LKardashian aint worth much.

Bynum.  Top of his game he's one of the top bigs.  But with his injury is he set for middle of the road from here on out?

Either way Marshmello is a vast upgrade so we can count on the collusion happening.  But who would you rather lose?

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bynum or Odom for Marshmello?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »
Hey Reality!

I am going to divert your thread a bit, but still remain on~topic. Your question regarding a possible LAL trade for 'Melo caused me to consider the 'aging Kobe' storyline so prevalent in sports media. When you consider that he is in his 15th year, it's obvious that it is time for Jim Buss to give up his infatuation with the injury~plagued Bynum and acquire Anthony ASAP. He's already pretty much a charter L.A. resident, having purchased a Malibu home last year.

It's all over but the shouting
I've come to take what's mine
We're searching for the latest thing
A break in this routine
I'm talking some new kicks
Ones like you ain't never seen.

Van Halen, 'Fair Warning' 

Shaq #1

Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
Rolando i am also blown away that Jim Buss didn't accept the collusion ASAP.
Or is this just all part of the script, delay it a little bit to add to the drama, feign conflict?  ::)
I would think they also want Anthony for this upcoming road trip with 4 games in 5 nights.

Hey can Shaq stay in shape long enough to be relevant in one more Finals?
Lakers vs Boston Thurs night.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
I wanted to take your thread seriously but as usual you kept me from doing so with your own typing.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• View Profile
    • Email
The 'Big Shamrock' will be there
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:56:46 PM »
Hey wk!

You have to remember that 'The Daddy' has pretty much been there when "winnin' time" arrives, and is a 3~time Finals MVP. Like Joe V says, Shaquillle caused the rules to be changed because of the Unstoppable Juggernaut syndrome ~ he has demonstrated that he is still an impact player even at this late stage of his career.. The LAL got pounded by Boston in 6 last time (2008), culminating in a 40+ point humiliation.  I don't see that anything has changed for the better for the Lakers, they are praying LeBron will take the Celtics down. A much better matchup against the Heat for any Western Conference team.

Shaq #1
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
Rolando while I'm happy you got to see your son thru the critical years and well on his way to a good job with a USC alumni babe wife perhaps, i still wish you were on the board the whole time........

Offline Rolando Blackman

• View Profile
    • Email
The Mamba Strikes
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 04:42:45 AM »
Hey Reality!

Thanks for the sentiments re: my son, he is still a work in progre$$ (argh, but doing well slaving over the books). And, it's good to BE back and reconnect wit'chall!

Did you witness (lol) the fangs of the Black Mamba unleashed on the Celtics?  The guy is just ice...the double behind the back between the legs move with a frozen rope (Chickie Baby...snif) to top it off at the end of the game was better than that dribblin' little kid on ESPN the other day. What a good year for the NBA!

Shaq #1
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:25 AM »
^^not at all Rolando, didn't see that part of the show.

When i tuned in the Celts were up 45-30 and looked to be on their way to a blowout.  I don't think the Black Mumble was even on the court when LA went on a 10-0 run to make it a game again.  The network ran a stat of how much better the Celtics do when Bryant is on the court doing most of the shooting vs when the rest of the Lakers are involved.  Part of what would become like a 45-20 LA run?  Celtics tuck tail and give up??
Didn't tune in again till it was almost over.  Did see Paul Pierce completely choke a pass (overthrow out of bounds) to a wide open Rondo that would have cut it to 88-85 and made the ending interesting. 

Tell you who was on fire, the Nuggets Arron Afflalo with 19 4th qtr points including the game winner to take down the Mavs 10 game win streak.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »
Would Shaq have made a difference last night?

Lakers controlled the paint.