Author Topic: It's a real problem when your own words come back  (Read 1447 times)

Guest_Randy

It's a real problem when your own words come back
« on: May 09, 2004, 06:15:26 PM »
Anywho i know you two, along with all Krishnas are in a very fragile state right now. So I'm going to depart. See you Sunday? Where that game, along with the second game in LA will be totally even on the reffing calls? Like it was in SA where the Spurs lead 75% of the time and got allegedly Home Cookin? (Thanks Lurker)

The Lakers lead more than 75% of the game today in LA so any alleged "home cooking" by the refs is simply a joke then, right?  Can't have it BOTH ways Reality (although I DO know that you will try) -- it if works for the Spurs, it works for the Lakers.  

Game 1 - 12 more ft's by Spurs in 10 point win

Game 2 - 12 more ft's by Spurs in 11 point win

Game 3 - 18 more ft's by Lakers in 24 point win

As for the rest of the Spurs fans who have shown class here in their posting -- all today proved is that the Lakers are capable of beating the Spurs and that Lurker needs to change his avatar --  :lol:  :lol: because the chances of sweeping are over.  Today is EXACTLY what the Lakers needed -- a very strong defensive game when they took it to the Spurs and put a whooping on them to redeem themselves for two previous beatings in game 1 and 2.  

The Spurs will make some adjustments -- I'm just glad to see the Lakers finally making some adjustments.  So far the Lakers have just held serve -- they need another win (and a strong one) to help shake the confidence of the Spurs a bit.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 08:26:04 PM »
More facts for you to twist while you are arguing with yourself and misquoting:

Spurs led 75% of Game 1, yet shot 12 less FTAs!!  Spin that game.
Spurs led 100% of Game 2, yet shot only 12 more.  Flamers got 18 more today.

Did Al Michaels quote correctly that other then a few technical shots

the Spurs 1st foul shot attempt came with 6 minutes left in the 3rd qtr?   :lol:  :lol:  

18-0 FTA Laker advantage 1st half and what, 24-0 by the time Parker got the Spurs 1st FTAs of the game?

WestKoast lets hear your spinnin and outrage now like in game One when the Spursies went 19-6 FTA advantage yet it was only halftime. :lol:

In the 1st 2 games, Lurker and I quoted how the FTAs were even.  51 SA 50 LA.
So indeed Game 4 this Tues eve the Spurs will get 18 more FTAs of course, right Randolph?  You'd only want whats fair? ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 09:46:54 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:20:51 PM »
You continue to show yourself as an idiot homer poster for whatever bandwagon you currently ride.  As for the Lakers, they were clearly in charge of this game and it is EXPECTED that you have to factor in one of your three excuses since you aren't man enough to EVER accept a loss graciously.

You seem to only want to quote the sportscasters when you want to rather than everything they said -- the sportscasters didn't think that the game was called poorly -- only you say that -- in fact, read what some of the REAL Spurs fans post -- you will notice that they don't even share your same opinion.  

It wasn't freethrows that lost the game tonight -- it wasn't the refs -- the Lakers, at least today, were the better team.  Who the better team is in the series?  We have yet to see.

It's not like I'm expecting to have an objective conversation with you about the Spurs or the Lakers -- you aren't capable of either.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 10:23:44 PM »
Anywho i know you two, along with all Krishnas are in a very fragile state right now. So I'm going to depart. See you Sunday? Where that game, along with the second game in LA will be totally even on the reffing calls? Like it was in SA where the Spurs lead 75% of the time and got allegedly Home Cookin? (Thanks Lurker)

The Lakers lead more than 75% of the game today in LA so any alleged "home cooking" by the refs is simply a joke then, right?  Can't have it BOTH ways Reality (although I DO know that you will try) -- it if works for the Spurs, it works for the Lakers.  

As for the rest of the Spurs fans who have shown class here in their posting -- all today proved is that the Lakers are capable of beating the Spurs and that Lurker needs to change his avatar --  :lol:  :lol: because the chances of sweeping are over.  Today is EXACTLY what the Lakers needed -- a very strong defensive game when they took it to the Spurs and put a whooping on them to redeem themselves for two previous beatings in game 1 and 2.  

The Spurs will make some adjustments -- I'm just glad to see the Lakers finally making some adjustments.  So far the Lakers have just held serve -- they need another win (and a strong one) to help shake the confidence of the Spurs a bit.
another post with "Laker" and "defense" together..... :blink:  man that is just something i cannot grasp.. :ph34r:

Randy, I dont know i think even if you win game two handely I think THIS squad is nto as easily fazed as the one you swept a few years back, I think they can stay calm enough to figure a way to win over the series, thats the feeling i get from hem atleast.  I think the only thing a game 4 squash by LA over sa would do is just make this better for the networks and TV time ads.  I think BOTH squads are veteran enough to know they still need four games to win it, and each game is a different story, they will get by one way or another.  I may be right after all, 7 game series.... ;)  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 10:46:05 PM »
WestKoast lets hear your spinnin and outrage now like in game One when the Spursies went 19-6 FTA advantage yet it was only halftime. :lol:

I think all Laker fans are waiting for your outrage over game one before we get worked up over game 3.

It's your bed, sleep in it beyatch!

Run along and depart your arse before it gets served again.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 10:55:04 PM »

another post with "Laker" and "defense" together..... :blink:  man that is just something i cannot grasp.. :ph34r:

Randy, I dont know i think even if you win game two handely I think THIS squad is nto as easily fazed as the one you swept a few years back, I think they can stay calm enough to figure a way to win over the series, thats the feeling i get from hem atleast.  I think the only thing a game 4 squash by LA over sa would do is just make this better for the networks and TV time ads.  I think BOTH squads are veteran enough to know they still need four games to win it, and each game is a different story, they will get by one way or another.  I may be right after all, 7 game series.... ;)
I don't think you are going to see either team get "fazed" -- frustrated game-by-game perhaps but not get fazed by another game.  However, I do think that momentum IS a factor for both teams in this series -- and the Lakers REALLY need to keep that momentum.  

You saw it in TD and Parkers eyes tonight -- but it was the same that you saw in Shaq and Kobes before -- not the belief that they can't win a game -- just that they weren't going to win THAT game and what they are doing wasn't working.  

I look forward to the adjustments -- IMO, this is where we see who the good coaches are.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 11:11:19 PM »

I think all Laker fans are waiting for your outrage over game one before we get worked up over game 3.

It's your bed, sleep in it beyatch!

Run along and depart your arse before it gets served again.
Weak.

sf101

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 07:53:06 AM »
I found myself "cheering"...well...that's a bad word...ADMIRING certain plays that LA pulled out during the game.  I kinda zoned out and just became a basketball fan in the first half, not a homer, and i really admired the heart that Shaq showed by diving on the floor, and the tenacity of LA's defense.  Just the fact that they were ABLE to put aside their ego's and play some TEAM BASKETBALL, I found quite encouraging for LA fans.

Whether they can beat SA 4 out of 5 games, I have my doubts, but a win tomorrow will really make this an interesting series.  Look for SA to make some serious adjustments, look to see Manu playing point guard, and look for more minutes for Devon Brown and Malik Rose.

No more blowouts,This series is about to get REAL interesting, were about to see some SERIOUS competitive basketball now. :D