Author Topic: Was is the correct rule on Dyers Auburn run?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Was is the correct rule on Dyers Auburn run?
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
As usual the media has provided no insight on the ruling. What is the rule in college football for:

1. Forward motion stopped?
Irregardless of Dyers knee or wrist hitting the ground (or not), his forward motion was definitely stopped as he was on top of Oregon tackler. Even Dyer stopped running.

2. Wrist or knee being down?
Yahoo Sports Matt Hinton asks:
"Was Dyer's knee or wrist down on the 37-yard run that put Auburn in position for the game-winning field goal with two minutes to play?"

Knee OR wrist writes Hinton. Dyers left wrist most definitely touches the ground, his knee does not. So what is the rule?
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Video-Michael-Dyer-stays-on-his-feet-probably-?urn=ncaaf-305853

Hope that was not a bogus ruling.

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
The BCS is irrelevant, irregardless
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »
Hey Reality!  :)

i  thought it was a pretty messed up way to conclude the season, myself ~ his forward progress was at an end and a whistle should hqave been blown. However, with the large amount of time passing since the end of the college football regular season, who cares, anyway? There's got to be a better way to arrive at who are the champs, but the massive amounts of cash the NCAA is plied with by ESPN in its insatiable appetite for programming content makes it very unlikely we will live to see it. 

Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?