Author Topic: Lakers/Jazz vs. Suns/Spurs schedule?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Lakers/Jazz vs. Suns/Spurs schedule?
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:34:35 PM »
Game 2 Suns/Spurs was after game 2 Lakers/Jazz yet the Suns/Spurs will play their game 3 before the Lakers/Jazz.  Does this have anything to do with the Jazz not playing Sunday home games?  I don't know if it was Bods or Rick that mentioned how the Jazz no-Sunday schedule affects EC teams but I wonder if that is the reason the Lakers/Jazz series is being stretched out.  IMO it would have been fine if they played Thurs/Sat or Fri/Mon for games 3 and 4.

Suns/Spurs and Cavs/Celts is going to be fun.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lakers/Jazz vs. Suns/Spurs schedule?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
I was wondering the exact same thing last night when I saw ESPN flash the schedule.  It has to be the no Sunday game thing.  You know the league loves to put the Lakers or Lebron on Sunday.

Also, as a side debate,  I caught part of an ESPN show yesterday in which they had a few guys arguing on if the extra days rest is good or bad.   What do you guys think about the extra days rest? 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:40:38 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
Also, as a side debate,  I caught part of an ESPN show yesterday in which they had a few guys arguing on if the extra days rest is good or bad.   What do you guys think about the extra days rest?

Depends on the situation and/or team.  IMO it benefits older teams or half court teams like the Lakers/Spurs but it hurts "streaky" teams like the Suns/Mavs/Nuggets or teams that are "hot".  IMO the Celts/Cavs can use all the time off in between because they are both very physical teams with a bunch of older players.  Too bad neither team plays in a Mormon area.  ;)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
I figured the Spurs/Suns every other day schedule was part of the league conspiracy so the old guys in Silver/Black couldn't win.   ;)

I think Pop put it best in the last post-game interview:

Asked if he was going to talk to the team about the Spurs beating the Hornets 2 years ago after being down 2-0; Pop said "Are you kidding?  These are grown men.  These are professionals.  I might as well talk about the Gipper as the Hornets."  May not be an exact quote but you can get the gist.  

These are professional players being paid top dollar to perform; so if there is 2 days rest, 3 days rest or no rest they are expected to perform.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Quote from: westkoast
Why does the media play the 0-2 card so much?  Whatever happened to the series doesn't start till someone wins on the road?  The home court team is suppose to win on their floor in the playoffs.  These teams have got the distance already before and not quite sure why the Spurs are getting written off as if they are not prior champions.

So much for this....I was wrong and they are toast.  Not to be confused with me, Wet Toast, one of the most awesome "disses" of all time on a message board.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 02:51:53 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com