Author Topic: Smug Phil keeping Laker hypocrisy alive  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Smug Phil keeping Laker hypocrisy alive
« on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
A Laker, their coach no less, whining about foul calls other players get, in this case Durant.  :D
Phil postering for the usual playoff pampering his Lakerbois can expect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5091485

Q.  Has Phil ever commented on the 2002 Lakers fix vs Kings?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Smug Phil keeping Laker hypocrisy alive
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »
Pot calling the kettle black here Reality?

Certainly when Kobe shoots a lot of free throws you complain.  When he led the league at one point you were complaining about all the gifts in years past.  Yet when Durant shoots more free throws then anyone else by a large margin you don't bring it up with your normal sprinkle of 'super league conspiracy theory' salt.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »
Been gone over again and again to the point of redundancy.
# of free throws is not the sole indicator of whether or not a player deserves (or not) FTA.

When a player is called for having his stationary jaw in front of other players swinging elbow, yet the elbow swinger is sent to the line while the player with the stationary jaw is rung up for a *foul*, reasonable, nonbrainwashed viewers called b.s.
When crap like that occurs regularly, esp in 4th qtrs of pivital playoff games to said pampered marketer, a pattern is (and has long since been) established.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »
This espn-Lakers.com article could have, and should have been entitled:
"Jackson unsure why he and many Laker Fans continue to be thought of as douchebags"
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/news/story?id=5101577

Durant, informed of Jackson's comments Wednesday, said he felt "disrespected."

"Because it's taking away from what I do," Durant told the Oklahoman. "That's part of my game, getting to the free-throw line and being aggressive. If you say that I get superstar calls or I get babied by the refs, that's just taking away from how I play. That's disrespectful to me."

On Friday, Jackson said he had not heard Durant's response but was unaware what could have prompted Durant to have a negative reaction because Jackson "was just straightforward and honest about the game."

"I really didn't know what he was upset about," Jackson said. "It really wasn't that upsetting. He shot the most free throws in the league; he made the most free throws in the league. He shot the most shots in the league; he made the most shots in the league. I voted for him on the All-Star team; he made the All-Star team. We know he's a great player, congratulations."

When Durant's comments were paraphrased to Jackson, explaining how Durant was upset about the insinuation of receiving favorable calls based on superstar status rather than based on merit, Jackson said, "Good. I mean, whatever."