Author Topic: Finley released!! Pop and Finley divorcing!!  (Read 6911 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Finley released!! Pop and Finley divorcing!!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:42 AM »
Now if only Cleveland were to pick up Matt Bonner....
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »
I was going to post of all the contending teams who might be retarded enough to give yet more money to Finley.  While true i thought none, if i had to pick one of them as a sucka.....
Boston, P.T. Barnham was right.

westkoast lets revisit this.  After a week or two and especially during the playoffs.

He's going to get 10-12 minutes a game, why bother?  I just find it funny that the other team you like because of their ability to beat the Lakers in big games (aside from the Spurs of course) picked up Michael "Title Hopes Killa" Finley.
Why wouldn't 10-12 minutes matter in the playoffs.
For one series Boston was good, unlike the Magics gift giving.
Sure I'd love to see the Celtics slap the Komes around again.
However it appears Boston was a one and done.  If they rise up again this playoffs, great.  Yes they won at Staples a week or so ago.  Otherwise very unimpressive, KGs never been the same since his injury. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
I was going to post of all the contending teams who might be retarded enough to give yet more money to Finley.  While true i thought none, if i had to pick one of them as a sucka.....
Boston, P.T. Barnham was right.

westkoast lets revisit this.  After a week or two and especially during the playoffs.

He's going to get 10-12 minutes a game, why bother?  I just find it funny that the other team you like because of their ability to beat the Lakers in big games (aside from the Spurs of course) picked up Michael "Title Hopes Killa" Finley.
Why wouldn't 10-12 minutes matter in the playoffs.
For one series Boston was good, unlike the Magics gift giving.
Sure I'd love to see the Celtics slap the Komes around again.
However it appears Boston was a one and done.  If they rise up again this playoffs, great.  Yes they won at Staples a week or so ago.  Otherwise very unimpressive, KGs never been the same since his injury. 

I'd be surprised if he got 10-12 minutes in the playoffs.  I am talking about now, in the regular season.  Unless PP gets injured he is not going to see very much playing time.  You seem to think Michael Finley is a cancer who ruins teams.  At least your obsession with him and every small thing he does leads the rest of us to believe that.  Why would we visit this later when you know that he was one of the reasons the Spurs haven't won a championship in a few years  :D

They won at Staples a week ago when Kobe Bryant wasn't playing, why is that even worth bringing up in this debate?  We are talking about Michael Finley and the Celtics.  Not a middle of the year regular season game against the Lakers when they didn't have their best player.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »
Reality:  "2+2 = 4"

'sause: "why are you saying 2+3=7?  You seem to be saying 2+39 = 17.  We all know you obsess over (fabrication).  Time for my pill."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
Reality:  "2+2 = 4"

'sause: "why are you saying 2+3=7?  You seem to be saying 2+39 = 17.  We all know you obsess over (fabrication).  Time for my pill."

It's really sad that you believe this.  You really do live in an alternate universe.    It looks more like this....

Westkoast: "2 + 2 = 4"

Reality: "Pi is 3.141592653589793238"

You almost never can stay focused on the debate at hand.  9 times out of 10 you fall back to bring up the Lakers.  The other 1 out of 10 times you use Michael Finley or Richard Jefferson.  Lurker, WOW, myself, JoMal, and Joe Vancil have all called you out for your obsession of Michael Finley and/or Richard Jefferson.  This is not some fabrication.  These posts reside right on the front page of this forum.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
cut and paste or STFU.

You cant!  Done.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »
Cut and past the link to THIS VERY THREAD?

Why?

I'm with 'koast on this one.  You've obsessed over how much you dislike Finley (this thread) and Jefferson (last thread you posted on) and how they hurt the team (or, in the case of Finley, how he has been hurting the team up until he was released).  And you've thrown Bonner in on enough occasion to get me to use his name in my last message on this thread. 

Most often, you've used these as reasons to complain that Blair (known to the rest of us as "Reality's Oberto 2.0") isn't getting enough burn.  This is no different than listening to you hype Oberto years ago, only to have WayOut refer to him as "the next journeyman back-up center," which is exactly what he's become.

We read all of this years ago.  It's just the 2.0 version of it.  Blair is the new Oberto, Jefferson is the new Finley, Hill and Mason replace Barry as your next backcourt hero.  All we need is that message comparing McDyess to David Robinson in his final year or two, and an incoming Argentinian 2-guard who you can continually tout as superior to Kobe Bryant.
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »
Yes this thread and the Jefferson thread would be perfect ones.
You've come back with virtually nothing.

Finley most assuredly is the epitome of Popovich ruining what the Spurs were.  2005 Champs, 2006 63-19 reg season record and rolled Sacto in Round 1.  Here is where Popazit switched to smallballs and Finley.  It was the beginning of the end for the Spurs at the 3 and 4 positions.  If Lurker was not in hiding even he may admit that Popazit had Finley on Dirk for large stretches of the 2006 fail. 

Fabs Oberto:  Did exactly what i said he would do and actually more.  Provided a role, rebounded and did some offense in a Championship Spurs run.  30 min per game at that.

As to WayOutWest *predicting* Fabs would nothing more then a journeyman center, he said Fabs would be nothing but a scrub before the championship.  Went as far as saying Kwame Brown had a better 2007 playoffs then Fabs championship run.  :D :D  Maybe you are "with" WayOutWest too.  As to **predicting** Fabs downfall after 2007, a baboon could have done that.  Only Moron Pop would choose to forego Scola in favor of FinleyFabsBonner.  An idiotic decision.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »
Oh and Blair being a nobody.  :D :D  You are ignorant.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »
Yes this thread and the Jefferson thread would be perfect ones.
You've come back with virtually nothing.
...except the example of the thread which you challenged 'koast for.

Finley most assuredly is the epitome of Popovich ruining what the Spurs were.  2005 Champs, 2006 63-19 reg season record and rolled Sacto in Round 1.  Here is where Popazit switched to smallballs and Finley.  It was the beginning of the end for the Spurs at the 3 and 4 positions.  If Lurker was not in hiding even he may admit that Popazit had Finley on Dirk for large stretches of the 2006 fail. 

...most folks wouldn't mind being "ruined" like the 2007 Spurs.

Fabs Oberto:  Did exactly what i said he would do and actually more.  Provided a role, rebounded and did some offense in a Championship Spurs run.  30 min per game at that.

As to WayOutWest *predicting* Fabs would nothing more then a journeyman center, he said Fabs would be nothing but a scrub before the championship.  Went as far as saying Kwame Brown had a better 2007 playoffs then Fabs championship run.  :D :D  Maybe you are "with" WayOutWest too.  As to **predicting** Fabs downfall after 2007, a baboon could have done that.  Only Moron Pop would choose to forego Scola in favor of FinleyFabsBonner.  An idiotic decision.

I'm not concerned with the baboon (where are you, Michael Olowakandi?  (inside joke between Skander and me)) predicting what Oberto would become AFTER 2007, but the one who hypes the likes of a guy who WayOut *CORRECTLY* identified as the next scrub center.  You weren't saying at the time that Oberto was a one-and-done guy - but WayOut was saying you were HIGHLY over-valuing him.  In the end, WayOut was right, and you were wrong.  Compare your over-hyping of Oberto with the way you acted toward Nazr Mohammad.  You weren't insane enough to tout Mohammad.  The difference was you *WERE* insane enough to tout Oberto.  And you know what the difference was?  It was that you'd already gotten a look at Mohammad long-term whereas Oberto was a rookie.

And as for Blair being a nobody...

DeJuan Blair '10:  .560 FG%, .557 FT%, 18.5 MPG, 6.3 RPG, .6 BPG, 7.9 PPG.
Oberto '07:  .562 FG%, .647 FT%, 17.3 MPG, 4.7 RPG, .3 BPG, 4.4 PPG.

Blair's better, but so far, not RADICALLY better.  In comparison, check out these numbers:

.530 FG%, .733 FT%, 7.4 RPG, 1.1 BPG, 11.9 PPG, 30.7 MPG.  That's the rookie year of someone we *ALL* pretty much called a nobody - a trade "throw-in."  If Blair is this superfigure - what's this guy?
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
Oberto did exactly what i said he would do, provide a role on a championship team.  WoW made *NO* such forecasts, in fact the opposite.
I also suggested Fabs retire before the 2008 season.
http://forums.phillyarena.com/index.php?topic=5099.0
Your revisionist history is near completely inaccurate.
westkoast along with others did have a running joke with me obviously overhyping Fabs, such as zig posting when the Fabmeister did an NBA record 11-11 field goals.  (record or near record).

Challenged westkoast on what other thread?  And correctly challenged at that no doubt.

Blair:  So Blair at age 20 is already having a slightly better year then Fabs best career year.  A career year which saw Fabs do 30 min a game in the playoffs en route to a championship.
And you call that bad?  Or average?  Or destined to go downhill from here on out like Fabs?  Please.  Is Blair ruined?
...most folks wouldn't mind being "ruined" like the 2007 Spurs.

Lastly with Man From Nazr and Rasho combining for TallBall Spurs championship, you are on board and can be quoted as saying TallBall was the way to go and Poopavich made an erronious decision to abandon.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 07:20:13 PM »
I'd be surprised if he got 10-12 minutes in the playoffs.  I am talking about now, in the regular season.  Unless PP gets injured he is not going to see very much playing time. 
10-11.
The record of the Celtics after picking up playoff contender seeking Michael Finley.  About 14 min per game.
Popovich had given Mrs. PopnFinley 20mpg in Oct-Nov much to Lurkers delight.
"Pop" did "cut" Fins down to 11 per game prior to their divorce.