Author Topic: Props to Favre  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Props to Favre
« on: December 29, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
great effort.
Adrian Peterson just can't shake his fumblebums.

Was hoping Childress would go for two at the end of reg.  Let the ole gunslinger* have a shot.

* that's for you jn.

Implications are huge.  Instead of #2 seed with bye and guaranteed 1st game inside at the Minny Dome, it's road vs wildcard and then most likely road again plus outside at Philly.  Huge. 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Props to Favre
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:05:16 AM »

Implications are huge.  Instead of #2 seed with bye and guaranteed 1st game inside at the Minny Dome, it's road vs wildcard and then most likely road again plus outside at Philly.  Huge. 

Unless they have changed the playoffs the wild cards are ALWAYS on the road for the first round.  Minny most likely lost a BYE but will still host the first round game.

But then facts never really mattered in your version of reality.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:44:57 AM »
The Vikes D has slowed down of late, partly due to injuries.   The offensive line has also been exposed.  It's not that there isn't some talent there it's that two players (the center Sullivan and right tackle Loadholt) are a 2nd year player staring for the first time and a rookie, respectively.   Plus Steve Hutchinson, a borderline HOFer, is getting up there and has played with a bad back all year.  Don't you start me talking about how overpaid and overrated left tackle Bryant McKinnie is.

Will someone please hire Jon Gruden to coach so that I NEVER again have to hear him slobber on Favre's bone?!  He's worse than Madden.   

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »
Well jn, how about that?

The ole gunslinger is going to get a bye week and home game vs the Wildcard winner after all.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »
Yay for the vikings, after losing two competitive games they rolled over a team that really couldn't give a crap and one of the worst defenses in the league.

There were very few games in which both teams showed up yesterday in the NFL.

THanks to fox I was stuck with the 2 NFC West teams battling for crapitude and the redskins chargers game.

No offense to regionality but week 17 should be a free for all where the network can show whatever game they want.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
Yay for the vikings, after losing two competitive games they rolled over a team that really couldn't give a crap and one of the worst defenses in the league.

There were very few games in which both teams showed up yesterday in the NFL.

THanks to fox I was stuck with the 2 NFC West teams battling for crapitude and the redskins chargers game.

No offense to regionality but week 17 should be a free for all where the network can show whatever game they want.

Consider yourself lucky.  I got a watch a little football on Fox in between the "Fox is screwing you!" and "Time Warner is screwing you!" commercials.  Each side was blaming the other for Fox going off the air at any moment.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:16:52 PM »
Consider yourself lucky.  I got a watch a little football on Fox in between the "Fox is screwing you!" and "Time Warner is screwing you!" commercials.  Each side was blaming the other for Fox going off the air at any moment.

Kind of interesting, guess the ads were already paid for, from what I read, fox and TW came to agreement before sunday, heck, this article was posted on friday the first so the ads hsould have been pulled since both sides now just look petty

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/01/time-warner-cable-fox-strike-a-deal-programming-not-interrupted/37428

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Time-Warner-Fox-Dispute-Ends-With-Higher-TV-Prices-106212?nocomment=1

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »
The Giants really dogged it on Sunday.  Coming on the heels of their blowout loss to the Panthers I thinks it fair to say they are on the brink of metldown. 

The big question for the Vikes is how much the time off will help the lines.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 02:20:37 PM »
How about the Bengals dogging it?
What was up with that.  I heard it was because they did not want to face the Texans in the WC game.
If that is so, Balti should use that for uber motivation.

Jets get two lay downs in a row.  Indy then Bengals.  Weak.