Author Topic: OT- A four seater Porsche?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
OT- A four seater Porsche?
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
To me that's just wrong. The whole reason you make it a 2 seater is that it's lighter, for a better power to weight ratio, and a shorter wheelbase for better handling. I could accept it from someone else, but Porsche, was always serious about making a real performing automobile. How much of a market is there for a 4 seater sports car. Most places it's pretty hard to drive that fast without getting a ticket or getting stuck in traffic.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT- A four seater Porsche?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »
I know two Porsche afficionados who have driven the Panamera, and they both say it's the nicest ride they've ever seen. It'll be interesting to see how it does, because most marketing experts will say it's a mistake. Just look at GM and how it's tried to make every one of its brands everything to everyone. Now they're nothing to everyone.

One of the people I know owns over 50 high performance autos, including a Bentley, a Ford GT40, a Porsche Carrera, and a Mercedes SL63 AMG, and he says the Panamera blew them all away. If anyone could pull off a 4-door sports car, it's Porsche.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:04:48 AM »
One of the people I know owns over 50 high performance autos, including a Bentley, a Ford GT40, a Porsche Carrera, and a Mercedes SL63 AMG, and he says the Panamera blew them all away. If anyone could pull off a 4-door sports car, it's Porsche.

Well, since he has nothing useful to do with his money, could he give me some?

Porsche building a 4 seater makes as much sense to me as Porsche building an SUV - seriously - you should be legally obligated to drive your car off road or you can't have an SUV

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
The porsche suv rides like a cloud tho!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »

If I'm going to waste my money over paying for a porsche, I'm really not going to get an SUV - that's just silly to me - if you can afford said porsche, get sports car, that's why you buy porsche, not for an off road vehicle you'll never take off road

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »
Porsche builds great cars, there's no reason why they can't make a sedan or a four-wheel SUV better, it's just that I didn't expect them to move away from their roots.

If the Cayenne outperforms every other SUV out there why not? I guess the same logic applies to a four-seater. They want to expand their fleet and become a general purpose car company, since their segment isn't as robust as it once was.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »

If I'm going to waste my money over paying for a porsche, I'm really not going to get an SUV - that's just silly to me - if you can afford said porsche, get sports car, that's why you buy porsche, not for an off road vehicle you'll never take off road

SUVs are just larger cars.  Just because a person is not going to jump in and out of dunes with the car doesn't mean there is no need to have one that is bigger.

The one I rode in belonged to a mother who carts around 2 kids to sports/school events.  It rides really nice.  I personally wouldn't buy one either but that wasn't my point.  They make good cars outside of their speedy racer IMO.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com