Author Topic: Phils, what was that? 3-0 to 5-8  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phils, what was that? 3-0 to 5-8
« on: November 01, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
I left at 3-0.
Manuel leave Hamels in too long? 
What wizzed me off about the ARod homer was Hamel walking Teixeira prior to.
As to the third run being scored, he gave up a single to Petite?  What was that?

Hamels look at all the same as last year to you Phils?  Are you crediting Skankie bats or is Hamels definitely off?

Okay, on to Game 4.  Go Blanton!  Go Phils bats!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Phils, what was that? 3-0 to 5-8
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 12:16:21 PM »
I think the Skanks got to Hamels, and Manuel left him in too long. Give credit to their bats, they can put a lot of pressure on a Pitcher.  And, Hamels doesn't have the confidence he had last season.

Tough loss for the Phils. now, we're depending on Blanton to give us a good effort. But it's the Phillies bats that will determine this series. They didn't give Cole enough run support, same as the night before with Pedro. The Yankees pitching isn't any better than the other teams they've faced, all it will take is a couple of bombs from Howard to shift the momentum back, the sooner the better.

jemagee

Re: Phils, what was that? 3-0 to 5-8
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »
The yankees have one of the best offenses in baseball and at the moment Cole Hamels seems to be suffering from Carrascoitis.  One thing goes wrong and he falls apart.  It's unsurprising that it happened, though the failure of the offense to AGAIN take advaantage of a struggling pitcher is more disappointing to me, the pitching just seems exepected.  Pettite was at 60 pitches through 3, he shouldn't have been able to go as long as he did but the bats that matter are slumbering and tonight is CC vs Blanton, I mean I didn't expect a repeat - but if it could go back to New York I'd be happy