Author Topic: Paranormal Activity  (Read 3002 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Paranormal Activity
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »
What is the deal with this movie??  Reviews say it IS scary.  Tweets have stated people coming out freaked out, crying, shaking...I got to see it now.  Has anyone seen this film or know anyone who has seen it.  I would like to get the opinion of someone who has watched it.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

Re: Paranormal Activity
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
Until today i had never heard of it but then i read this

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42630

If only i could remember the name of the B&W horror type movie at this years SBIFF - the preview looked cool

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:21:52 PM »
http://screenrant.com/paranormal-activity-reviews-kofi-27600/

only one theater showing this movie here...one showing a day too...>:-C
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »
Oh, darn.  I thought this was a thread about how Gasol ended up with the Lakers and the Grizzlies parlayed Gasol into Zach Randolph....

Think about it.  Voodoo would explain a lot.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:25:45 PM »
Oh, darn.  I thought this was a thread about how Gasol ended up with the Lakers and the Grizzlies parlayed Gasol into Zach Randolph....

Yeah, but so does crap ass management and a bad GM - which happens a lot in all sports

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:19 PM »

:D :D

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:03 PM »

I also think if Boozer is able to play an entire season AND not choke in the playoffs, we can chalk that up to voodoo was well  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »
I also think if Boozer is able to play an entire season AND not choke in the playoffs, we can chalk that up to voodoo was wel

If that happens I believe you'll find a contract between boozer and one Louis Cypher in regards to the soul of Mr Boozer.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 01:26:14 PM »
I would not call this the "scariest" movie ever made.  However, i did give me the creeps.  Considering this movie was made for around 11k, I have to say they did a pretty good job with it.   The two nobody actors in the movie did a good job of making you feel like you really know them.   The "scary" comes from the suspense, it's like riding a roller coaster - slowly making your way to the top and then hitting that drop.  I don't know that this movie will do well on dvd, it needs the atmosphere - being in the theater where people scream, jump, and lean forward to watch every bit of the screen that they can to not miss anything is a pretty cool experience.  Movie is funny and creepy, but build up is slow so don't be expecting it to pick up the pace until around the last 30 minutes or so.

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »
I've always felt that the 'script' gets short shrift in movies.

Good actors can raise a poor script a certain level but a great script can make even mediocre actors look great.

The screenwriter is the least appreciated part of movies and yet (to me) the most important...I don't know about most folk, but I actually have some favorite screenwriters. 

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 01:12:55 AM »
The screenwriter is the least appreciated part of movies and yet (to me) the most important...I don't know about most folk, but I actually have some favorite screenwriters.

Like David Mamet and Chuck Paluhnek.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
Has the guy who wrote fight club (whose name I can't spell) actually written any screenplays?

Mamet write some very good stuff but also writes some not so good stuff