Author Topic: Predictions at the start of camp ...  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Predictions at the start of camp ...
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:13:31 PM »
So it's that time again.  Camps are starting, and exhibitions are just moments away.

Who wants to do a little prognosticating?

I'll start ...

NBA Champions

I'll go with the Lakers.  Too deep and talented.  I worry about Artest, but I think Kobe - now that he's tasted another title - will keep him on the straight and narrow (if that's possible).

MVP

Hmmm ... it's easy to give it to LeBron, but I really like Dwyane Wade this year.  If O'Neal can give them anything, and Beasley doesn't wet the bed again, I think he has a good shot at capturing his first.

MIP

I think Derrick Rose is the obvious choice, but I'm going out on a limb and saying Greg Oden.  As a fan of big men, I hope I'm right.

Second part to follow ...
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Predictions at the start of camp ...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »
NBA Champs:  Lakers.  Path to the championship runs through LA.  The team has improved defensively by getting Ron Artest.  They are also not 'old' and have as much experience as any team right when it comes to getting to the promise land.

MVP: Dwight Howard I think he is quite the all around player and is deserving of being in the running.  The guy is a solid defender, is great on the glass, and has monster games.  I also think Wade is a good choice as well.  I don't see Kobe/Lebron/KG getting the MVP this year because their squads are stacked.

MIP: I seriously cannot think of anyone off the top for this award.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com