Author Topic: Villanueva to Cleveland?  (Read 2719 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Villanueva to Cleveland?
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »
Bucs are not going to offer a deal to Villanueva....

With a mid-level exception at their disposal, the Cleveland Cavaliers are expected to have interest in signing Villanueva......

What do you guys think?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Villanueva to Cleveland?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »
Not a bad target for their midlevel...should be an upgrade to Joe Smith.

If this happens the Cavs backup front court goes from Ben Wallace/Joe Smith to Shaq/Villanueva.  IMO quite an upgrade.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:01:49 PM »

If this happens the Cavs backup front court goes from Ben Wallace/Joe Smith to Shaq/Villanueva.  IMO quite an upgrade.

Do you really think Shaq is going to be the backup?  I don't know what kind of guy Biz Z is like so IMO it would be harder to send Shaq to the bench than Biz Z because I KNOW what kind of guy Shaq has been in the past.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »

Do you really think Shaq is going to be the backup?  I don't know what kind of guy Biz Z is like so IMO it would be harder to send Shaq to the bench than Biz Z because I KNOW what kind of guy Shaq has been in the past.

Hard to say right now.  So Shaq/Varajeo start and Z/Villanueva from the bench.  No matter how you stack it up Shaq/Villanueva is an improvement over Wallace/Smith.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »

Hard to say right now.  So Shaq/Varajeo start and Z/Villanueva from the bench.  No matter how you stack it up Shaq/Villanueva is an improvement over Wallace/Smith.

No doubt but I am very interested in how things work out with Big Z and Shaq.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:02:39 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »

Agreed.  I think Shaq ends up coming off the bench though.  Just for the fact that they will need to do something to save Shaq for the playoffs.  Though, knowing Mike "what's an adjustment" Brown he may just start Shaq and burn him early in the game.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »
Shaq is going to start!  Zydrunas is a guy who'll do whatever for the team, he doesn't care.  Though it would be the classy thing for Cleveland to show loyalty to Z's long service to make him the starter, they won't.  They know it will be too much of a blow to Shaq's psyche. 

Erego, Shaq will start but only average 24-28 mpg; plus he won't play in back-2-backs.  Z will pick up the slack which will mean more rest than he has seen in recent years.  That'll keep both players fresh for the playoff run, barring some unforeseen freak injury. 

It was a good move for Cleveland to bring in Shaq.  Yeah he's only a borderline all-star and a shell, but he's a huge upgrade for Cleveland. 

If they bring in Charlie V, that will be a monumentous coup for Cleveland.  I doubt it, I think Charlie V and Ben Gordon will both end up in Detroit. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:43:32 AM »

If they bring in Charlie V, that will be a monumentous coup for Cleveland.  I doubt it, I think Charlie V and Ben Gordon will both end up in Detroit. 

Skanderdamus.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 01:08:15 AM »

Skanderdamus.

More like Skanderdumas!  :D  I'm just kidding around Skandy, you little rug flyer you, you nowz I wub yoze!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"