Author Topic: Cavs HAVE to do what I feared the Lakers MIGHT have to do!  (Read 2061 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Cavs are going to face elimination on the ROAD, I definately did not want the Lakers to face an elimination game for them in Denver.  I know most people will say the pressure is on the Magic to close the series out at home but the Magic have been here before and in the case of the Celtics series they actually closed the Celtics out in Boston in a game 7.  I'm not sure who has more pressure, but I'm going to say the Magic have a bit more pressure despite the fact that the Cavs are facing elimination.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cavs HAVE to do what I feared the Lakers MIGHT have to do!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
I agree.  This does happen every once in a while.  When a team goes up 3-1 they are expected to win the series.  Historically they do.  Though as each win gets notched in an elimination situation the other team gains confidence. 

This game 6 is it's their last chance to finish it up at home and no matter what happened up until that point game 7 becomes the super bowl.  Any thing can happen and being on the road is tough obviously.  One positive, aside from being at home, is they are forcing Lebron James to log a lot of minutes.  I don't remember him getting a break the entire second half of both game 4 (including OT) and last nights game.

Magic closed out the Celtics at home when they were not at full strength.  That is not the case with the Cavs. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
Magic closed out the Celtics at home when they were not at full strength.  That is not the case with the Cavs. 

Makes you wonder what the Celtics would have done with KG.  :'(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
When Cleveland shoots 50% from the field and the three point area, they are a difficult team to beat.  That was an atypical game from them, and they deserved to win.

But something has to be done about the officiating in this series.  It's hard to ignore the star treatment that LeBron is being given.  When he drives to the basket as he often does, any contact is deemed a foul on the defender, unless the defender has already been set.  This is impossible, since any help defense leaves a man open for LeBron to pass to for an open shot.  They refuse to call a charge on him and in any close call, he is given the benefit of the doubt.  This is exactly what happened last night in the fourth quarter.

To add insult to injury Dwight Howard was called for fouls he didn't commit and picked up his sixth with a few minutes left in the game.

Orlando didn't help themselves with some of their dumb mistakes on the offensive end, but it had to be very frustrating for a good defensive team to be made helpless by the officials.

There isn't a team in the NBA that could win against Cleveland if the officials continue to call the games this way.  One wonder who the officials would favor in the "dream match-up" of the advertisers. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »
Orlando didn't help themselves with some of their dumb mistakes on the offensive end, but it had to be very frustrating for a good defensive team to be made helpless by the officials.

Good defensive team or not, LeBron is one of those unstoppable guys.  LeBron did exactly what you're supposed to do, jump into the moving defender.  The games in Orlanda Dwight got the benefit of calls so it's not about LeBron.  IMO LeBron is just too good for most defenses, it has NOTHING to do with the officials.  Dwight made some DUMB fouls, he's moving and expect to get the call just because he puts his hands up in the air...dumb dumb dumb....  He needs to play LeBron the way he gets played, either wrap him up or let him go, none of this dumb "hands up" while you're moving BS, he's the defensive player of the year, he should know better.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »
When Cleveland shoots 50% from the field and the three point area, they are a difficult team to beat.  That was an atypical game from them, and they deserved to win.

But something has to be done about the officiating in this series.  It's hard to ignore the star treatment that LeBron is being given.  When he drives to the basket as he often does, any contact is deemed a foul on the defender, unless the defender has already been set.  This is impossible, since any help defense leaves a man open for LeBron to pass to for an open shot.  They refuse to call a charge on him and in any close call, he is given the benefit of the doubt.  This is exactly what happened last night in the fourth quarter.

To add insult to injury Dwight Howard was called for fouls he didn't commit and picked up his sixth with a few minutes left in the game.

There isn't a team in the NBA that could win against Cleveland if the officials continue to call the games this way.  One wonder who the officials would favor in the "dream match-up" of the advertisers. 

When ANY team in this league shoots 50% from the field and from 3 they are tough to beat......

As for your comment on officiating.  Even Reggie Miller said 'Lebron needs to just go to the hole everytime he'll get the calls' and sure enough, everytime he goes to the rim, he gets the call.  Now talk smack on Kobe for all the calls you want but he doesn't get the benefit of the foul nearly as much as James does or has in this past series.  I understand there is contact when players go to the rim but not enough to warrant automatic free throws.  There has to be some type of leeway given to the defensive team to allow them to defend or else they might as well just let him get a lay up each time because getting in foul trouble hurts them even more.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:51:30 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »
There has to be some type of leeway given to the defensive team to allow them to defend or else they might as well just let him get a lay up each time because getting in foul trouble hurts them even more.

The "leeway" is staying in front of LeBron and not let him get a full head of steam going to the rim.  You can't soften up the rules just cause people can't stay in front of LeBron, that would be WEAK.  LeBron is just that good.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »
There has to be some type of leeway given to the defensive team to allow them to defend or else they might as well just let him get a lay up each time because getting in foul trouble hurts them even more.

The "leeway" is staying in front of LeBron and not let him get a full head of steam going to the rim.  You can't soften up the rules just cause people can't stay in front of LeBron, that would be WEAK.  LeBron is just that good.

You must have missed last nights 4th quarter of the 4th of the previous game.  Not only did a defender stay in front of him but they did so legally.  He jumps into them and it's a foul.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »

You must have missed last nights 4th quarter of the 4th of the previous game.  Not only did a defender stay in front of him but they did so legally.  He jumps into them and it's a foul.

The best example was the bogus "clear path" call that James got last night.  The defender crossed midcourt first and then reached to grab James.  Whistle.  Foul.  No problem.  Then it is called a clear path...and the league will do nothing.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »
The best example was the bogus "clear path" call that James got last night.  The defender crossed midcourt first and then reached to grab James.  Whistle.  Foul.  No problem.  Then it is called a clear path...and the league will do nothing.

Yea, that call was BS, the defender was actually waiting for LeBron to catch up to him so he could foul him.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"