Author Topic: Booooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Clippers get the #1 pick in the draft!  (Read 3479 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Booooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Clippers get the #1 pick in the draft!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
This is what I was saying to someone who told me last night that with the addition of Griffin they would make the playoffs. 

I said "Shouldn't they deal Kaman or Zach since it's clear who they are picking?" and his answer was "No, they need all those players.  They will make the playoffs just by adding that pick"  I was like  ??? ??? ???  Dunleavy has problems figuring out how to use the two guys he has now....

My logic behind asking that question was....

You deal Kaman because you have Camby.  I'll keep a shot blocker and defender before a guy with a few post moves when I have a guy like Baron Davis who can pick up some of the offense if they were to lose Kaman.  The other thing I was thinking is out of Zach and Kaman the easier trade to make would involve Kaman I think.  Zach has bounced around quite a bit and is not as big as Kaman.

Learn how to use the quote feature man!

Agreed that Kaman is more expendable and better trade bait BUT I would NOT rely on Camby to be my starting center with his health history.  Unless they are ready for Jordan to play big minutes at center then I think you deal Camby or Randolf.  Jordan might be ready for big minutes in a league with very few good centers.
Neither Griffin nor Randolf can play center so IMO Randolf is going to be the odd man out.  If they are smart they won't run Griffin into the ground and bring him in off the bench behind Randolf.  They have that young center so Kaman or Camby are expendable.  Tough decision but IMO you lose Camby, if they keep Camby then they should get rid of Randolf and let Camby backup both the PF and C position.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:51:57 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"