Author Topic: Rockets  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Rockets
« on: April 24, 2004, 12:42:39 AM »
Very poor shot selection by the Lakers, particularly in the last 3 minutes from Kobme and The MailWimp.  WOW since i guess i didn't get the mystery reason you know of as to why Kobe did not shoot the entire 1st half against the Kings, could you unravel the mystery of why he continually gunned last night with lots of time on the shot clock while his oversized buddy was shooting well over 50% on his customary 2 footers?

Shaq once again dominated Yao, especially on the crucial play when the Flamers pulled within 4 at 90-86 on a Kobme miracle banker.  Less then 2 minutes, all they needed was a defensive stop as the Rockets went in to Yao.  Everyone cleared out on both teams leaving The Most Dominant Marketer one on one alone with Yao.  I watched with anticipation as your (Laker posters et al) told me how dominant The Diesel would be one on one.  Yao dribbled with his left hand and entered the key.  The Diesels defense?  To lean into him and wrap his left arm and hand around Yaos waist in an obvious intentional foul.  Ziggy maybe we can get Westkoast to play this one back on tivo.  No foul call, Yao hits the left handed jump hook anyways.  
  It was but one play but a big one.  Nonetheless Shaq completely outrebounded Yao to the tune of 11-10 while holding Yao to 70% shooting on 9-13.  Some would say thats 70% but I'm sure you "real fans" would point out the "reality" that its only more like 69.8%.  I believe the Most Dominant Ever in Marketers Minds is now 5-5 vs Yao.

After the Yao hook its Stevie Francis for some more foul drawing 2+1 shots and its over.  :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2004, 11:24:18 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Rockets
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 12:15:47 PM »
Yao was impressive all night but let him do on a consistent basis then call me.  Eric Dampier has had some nights like that vs. Shaq, where was your amazing b-ball insight then?  Yao Smits...err...Rick Ming...err...whateva!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Rockets
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 03:13:49 PM »
No need for replay.  That foul was painfully obvious.  Although I know you would love to chalk this one up to the 'Lakers Marketing Machine' the refs were too busy watching the top of those two huge players in the air.  In fact they missed a number of calls on both Shaq and Yao because they have to watch feet, body, the ball, and position all at once.

Rockets really did deserve the win last night.  The regular season Francis showed up last night and torched the Lakers.  That last circus and 1 shot was the nail in the coffin for last nights game.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Rockets
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 02:14:16 PM »
SourGrapes,

What the thread is asking is what happened to The Most Dominant ever in Game 3 vs Yao?  You stated a few weeks ago after a game in which Shaq did have much better stats then Yao that it was therefore proven, Shaq could handle Yao one on one forever and the days of Yao playing Shaq even or better were over.  

Well?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Rockets
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 06:07:33 PM »
SourGrapes,

What the thread is asking is what happened to The Most Dominant ever in Game 3 vs Yao?  You stated a few weeks ago after a game in which Shaq did have much better stats then Yao that it was therefore proven, Shaq could handle Yao one on one forever and the days of Yao playing Shaq even or better were over.  

Well?
LOL!  

Verizon marketing machine for Yao:

Yao: "Am I proven yet?...Darn....How bout now?  Darn....How bout now?"

Put that little Moo-Sho-Pork back in the fryer, he's not done yet.

AGAIN...where was YOUR b-ball insight and FRONT RUNNING when guys like Dampier got the best of Shaq in a game?

A case of Front Runner juice is on it's way, it will help you cope.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Rockets
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 06:40:12 PM »
11 games and counting for Yao and Shaq.  Stats are about the same.  Laker math you equate that to ONE game vs Dampier?

Anywho if you've cleaned up your pants and showered after todays greasy escape job congrats to you.  It bolsters Shaqs record to 6-5 counting a last second and now an OT greaser.

Yet another dominant performance by Shaq vs Yao?  Laker math.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Rockets
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 09:20:10 PM »
11 games and counting for Yao and Shaq.  Stats are about the same.  Laker math you equate that to ONE game vs Dampier?

Anywho if you've cleaned up your pants and showered after todays greasy escape job congrats to you.  It bolsters Shaqs record to 6-5 counting a last second and now an OT greaser.

Yet another dominant performance by Shaq vs Yao?  Laker math.
Just curious how you equate these matchups as a Shaq vs. Yao -- are you even watching the games?  It was obvious (at least to the rest of the world) that the Rockets were at least double-teaming Shaq and Kobe every time they caught the ball -- and most of the time they were trying to double on Shaq before he even caught the ball.  There are times that the Lakers have doubled on Shaq (mainly when the idiotic defender George is in the game and he leaves his player wide open to double when Shaq doesn't need the help  :angry: ) but most of the time Shaq is playing Yao straight up -- it's obvious that Yao isn't playing Shaq straight up.  

The Rockets have had a VERY strong defensive scheme against both Shaq and Kobe -- it's the role players that have beaten them -- but the role players need to step up their games more (i.e. GP, Fish, Slava, George, Fox, etc.) if the Lakers plan on beating the Spurs.  The only thing of comfort is that the Lakers have a tendency of playing down to the level of their opponent -- they have shown that they can play better ball in stretches -- they had better plan on doing that for 48 minutes against the Spurs.

Rockets
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 12:18:16 AM »
Randy,

not only watched it but taped it.  Did you see Yao one on one vs Shaq, doing a lefthanded hook, 21 foot jumpers multiple times?  Dont blame Yao if Shaq is too fat and lazy to come out to the arc.

Bear in mind this is all being done in a repressive Jeff Van Grunty offense.  If you think this is Reality reason #2, crappy coaching contributing to Laker win, you are absolutely correct.  However, don't just use Reality as the one seeing it this way.  Doc Rivers:  "The Rockets have scored every time on the pic and roll
Why would they now get away from it?!!  (In last two minutes)

So with the game on the line, actually the game in hand for the Rockets up 87-83 with 1:10 to go, he has Francis try some lameoid airball jumper vs DSwisher, then Mobely also tries a three.  What a farce.  Oh and the Kobme *steal*.  Yeah that was all Kobme not unreal lame passing and offense by Rockets at all.

Back to Yao if you're telling me you didnt see him score on Shaq one on one then get me to a webmaster with streaming vid.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Rockets
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 01:19:51 AM »
Back to Yao if you're telling me you didnt see him score on Shaq one on one then get me to a webmaster with streaming vid.
If that's all you can base your opinion on then....maybe you should take your "totally awesome" point of view to the ESPN boards, they play on your level there.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"