Author Topic: The scoop on the Grizzlies new logo  (Read 1394 times)

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
The scoop on the Grizzlies new logo
« on: April 22, 2004, 10:48:28 AM »
I've had recieved a copy of the new, unrevealed logo (.JPEGs, with the Pantones listed) for a about a month now form my source at SSUR.ORG, and it's just been killing me to keep quiet about it.

But I'm sure some of you might know how freakin' paranoid I get about saying too much, as it could get me in some hot water.

Just so anyone doesn get pissed off and think this is a tease.......

I CANNOT POST A PIC OF THE NEW LOGO AND UNIFORMS.........JUST OFFICIAL DETAILS.  That's it.......NUFF SAID

The logo will feature a modern-looking Triple-Blue shaded bear head (straight on) with Gold eyes........for those wondering the bear head doesn't resemble the old WFL Grizzlies/Southmen.......

One of the secondary logo's is actually the one that they're currently using. The one with the bear claw clutching the basketball. Only, it's using the new colors, a Gold basketball with a triple-shaded Blue claw.

That's why the Grizz are using this "bearmark" logo more often.......ie placing it at center court. Cause its the only one staying........

The font so far chosen is in the former Cavaliers/Blue Jays style... with the double lines in same color bordering a line in the middle........its currently in use by the Toronto Raptors on their jersey's.........

As for the team's colors, this is where it might get interesting. The Grizzlies have already given most fans a hint of there new colors, but most fans dont really pick up on it that fast as they dont know what to look for.

The hint is to look at the color of the seats of the FedExForum in its latest renderings.........

As in most cases, teams who are sole tenants going into new facilities almost always have the seats the same color as the team's primary color. The Spurs black seats at SBC, Blazers have red seats at Rose Garden, Warriors have blue seats at AOK, Rockets have Red at Toyota Center, and Miami's Fire colored seats are ALL good examples of this trend........

Now to anyone who's seen the new updated renderings of the new FedExForum like pictured below..........If you have ever wondered why the seats are Blue instead of bronze, red, and black here's why.......

The colors wont be the rumored bronze, red, and black that was actually first agreed upon.

The Grizz new colors will officially be as follows below...........

DARK BLUE    
MEDIUM BLUE    
LIGHT BLUE    
GOLD

To give fans an idea of the new Grizz colors.....the closest match to this set would be what the Seattle Seahawks are using, It appears to me that most of the bluish hues appear to be derived from their color palette, especially Medium Blue, which closely resembles the shade they call Seahawk Blue, just a tad bit lighter though. Like Seahawk Blue, the Medium Blue shade the Grizz choose is a color that is totally unique to the sporting world. It's not royal, it's not navy, and it's not midnight. It's closer to silver, but not quite. It has just a hint of shimmer. That color along with the Light Blue are very unique Pantone shades. No one else in any sport, in any league are using them.

And what made the Light Blue hue the Grizz will use unique is that its an even lighter shade of Medium Blue. Its even more closer to silver, so much so I believe some fans will get mixed up and call it silver or grey, thus likening it to the Nashville Predators set which also includes Silver, Gold and Navy.

The Gold is an accent in most of the sets, but is more prominent in the secondary logos.

Personally, I think using these complicated unique colors might present delays to the Grizz process of unveiling their new look.

These complicated colors (Medium Blue, Light Blue) could probably delay the process because the manufacturers for the NBA might have a hard time matching it. Manufacturers of the new Grizz gear could use several hundred pre-made colors, but still might not have anything that exactly matches the new hues the Grizzles actually want used. Finding the formula to "source" the color just might take some extra time.

Word is look for it to be released around Draft time, most likely the week before the Draft.

As soon as I can release it, you guys will get it here first........

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:27:51 PM »
As in most cases, teams who are sole tenants going into new facilities almost always have the seats the same color as the team's primary color. The Spurs black seats at SBC, Blazers have red seats at Rose Garden, Warriors have blue seats at AOK, Rockets have Red at Toyota Center, and Miami's Fire colored seats are ALL good examples of this trend........

That just chaps my hide!  The Clippers/Lakers/Sparks/Kings share in Staples center yet the seats are all purple.  Clips get nor respect I tell ya!  I hope they don't move but they need their own stadium since the Laker banners don't get covered durring home games.  I would probably drop my season tickets if they moved too far away, like Anaheim, but I think the Clips need their own place.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 01:20:08 PM »

That just chaps my hide!  The Clippers/Lakers/Sparks/Kings share in Staples center yet the seats are all purple.  Clips get nor respect I tell ya!  I hope they don't move but they need their own stadium since the Laker banners don't get covered durring home games.  I would probably drop my season tickets if they moved too far away, like Anaheim, but I think the Clips need their own place.
WOW.......I cant agree with you more.

Staples Center's purple seats are best suited to the Kings, Lakers and Sparks casue each team has purple in there color schemes. The Clips just look like the left-out stepchild in that situation, especially given the Laker banners that swamp the rafters and statues out front.

Why Donald Sterling chooses to accept this setting for his team is beyond me? I know its just to keep the team close to LA and in close competition with the Lakers but in this setting, they dont even look like LA's team any more. Just a step-child franchise to the Lakers. They should have an arena of there own but getting one might require them to leave LA as the only way I see them getting a facility in LA is by moving to Anaheim to join the Ducks or in conjunction with one of the college teams.

Isnt USC Basketball getting a new arena of its own? Maybe they can join up with them to have a facility to really call home. They've done it before during there tenure at the Sports Arena.    

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 03:36:22 PM »
The Kings are now Black/Grey/White.  Talk around L.A. is that IF the Clips move, which all indications say they won't because of their lease, it will be to share space with the Ducks or down to Long Beach.  Long Beach is experiencing a big revitalization.  Money is moving into the area and is the most likely destination for a pro-football team so the Clips have expressed interest in a sports complex.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 02:39:40 AM »
The Kings are now Black/Grey/White.  Talk around L.A. is that IF the Clips move, which all indications say they won't because of their lease, it will be to share space with the Ducks or down to Long Beach.  Long Beach is experiencing a big revitalization.  Money is moving into the area and is the most likely destination for a pro-football team so the Clips have expressed interest in a sports complex.
The Clips in Long Beach would literally give new meaning to the L.B.C.........as in Long Beach Clippers..........just had to point that out.......