Author Topic: Game 2: Sixers at Magic: Let's put the pressure on!  (Read 5986 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Game 2: Sixers at Magic: Let's put the pressure on!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 08:59:29 PM »
I'm lukewarm about going home.... this was a game that was within reach, so it's a little discouraging.  I agree with you on Thad though, with the way he's been scoring, I'd be fine with him taking 20+ shots. 

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
I fully understand how you feel. the magic gift wrapped a win and we lost the game.  Stupid turnovers, i'll advised shots, and mental lapses (i'm looking at you dalembert).  I also agree the bench gave us nothing.  I'm to the point were I can't stand Lou.  He's the ultimate feast or famine player.

I'm encouraged because they can't seem to pull away from us.  Also, I have a lot of faith in Iguodala right now.  I'm even more impressed that after his horrific 1st half he got his head on straight at halftime.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »
This was the most disappointing underperformance by our role players ever.  Young, Iguodala and Miller all had good games, Miller was fantastic.  But nothing from Green, Williams, Evans, Marshall, Dalembert really got screwed by the refs. Ratliff should not have been in there alone as the only big.  Speghts was 2-2 and wasn't seen after the 1st half what gives?  Everyone else is struggling and he hit's his first open outside shot.

I really don't have faith in our coaching staff. We should be a better team.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »
Where was Dalembert at the end of the game after Howard fouled out?  Ratliff was beyond gassed and Dalembert was planted on the bench.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »
Was definitely a head scratchier.  n the 1st they kept going to Iguodala when he was cold.  They ignored Thad for no reason at all.  They also refuse to go big.  Very strange game.

And is it any surprise that WG come up so small when they need him to hit soe open shots and defends.  I'd leave him in ORL.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »
^^ to answer your question, it's no surprise at all.  He's garbage and he's made a career of coming up short. 

We have a shitty 2nd unit that has a gift in facing an extremely rare even shittier opposing 2nd unit, and in a playoff game our 2nd unit lets Anthony Johnson have whatever he wants off the bench.  Our bench dropped 42 in game 1, and only 12 in game 2.  To me, that was easily the difference, and there's absolutely no excuse.