Author Topic: other then the sweep  (Read 1528 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
other then the sweep
« on: April 26, 2004, 01:08:50 PM »
what did everyone think about the wolves, LA, and sacro getting spanked in thier respective game threes???  i for one was suprised about the wolves getting the big beefer slapped to them.  man that was not a pretty game at all!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
other then the sweep
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 01:31:01 PM »
what did everyone think about the wolves, LA, and sacro getting spanked in thier respective game threes???  i for one was suprised about the wolves getting the big beefer slapped to them.  man that was not a pretty game at all!
I guess the Lakers and Rockets must have played a second game three where the Lakers got "spanked".  The game 3 I saw was decided in the last two minutes.

The rest was expected, first game at home for some of these clubs should be blowouts, I was suprised LA kept it that close but bummed the choked in the closing minutes and those terrible plays called by PJ really sealed the deal for the Lakers loss.  Rockets where lucky to be on the right end of a player AND coach choke job.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

other then the sweep
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 01:39:50 PM »
All three games had a common factor in that it was the first home game for the lower seed.  The lower seeds and their fans are geeked up so this game is the most likely loss for higher seeds.  

If I were to rank these I'd say the most surprising loss was easily the Wolves. Not so much because they lost but because of the fact that they just got clubbed on all fronts.  Marcus Camby made his first three of the year for crying out loud! :blink:

Second would be Lakers losing to Houston given the fact that LA has so much winning playoff experience and Houston has almost no playoff experience, much less winning experienc.

Dallas wacking a Sacto team with little or no momentum coming into the playoffs is
no surprise.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
other then the sweep
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 02:21:45 PM »
Second would be Lakers losing to Houston given the fact that LA has so much winning playoff experience and Houston has almost no playoff experience, much less winning experienc.

That was bad considering the Lakers had the Rockets where they wanted them.  Franics just went off, he tried to do it again in game 4 put came up way short.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
other then the sweep
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 02:50:24 PM »
All three games had a common factor in that it was the first home game for the lower seed.  The lower seeds and their fans are geeked up so this game is the most likely loss for higher seeds.  

If I were to rank these I'd say the most surprising loss was easily the Wolves. Not so much because they lost but because of the fact that they just got clubbed on all fronts.  Marcus Camby made his first three of the year for crying out loud! :blink:

Dallas wacking a Sacto team with little or no momentum coming into the playoffs is
no surprise.
Pretty much sums up my feelings.....

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

other then the sweep
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 02:53:39 PM »
Yeah that airball from the top of the key at the end of regulation missed by almost a foot, then he followed that up with some poor ballhandling in OT.