Author Topic: The rest of the sports world has finally had a chance to see AI's true colors!  (Read 995 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
AI has definately screwed any chance he had a getting a decent contract next year.

He's proven to be the POS player and person I've thought him to be, so what's going to happen to the guy?

He doesn't want to come off the bench, IMO his style of play is perfectly suited for being a spark off the bench but he'd rather retire than come off the bench.

Could a team with a strong locker room take him on? (Celtics/Spurs)
Could a desperate team take him on to boost ticket sales?
Could he head to Europe?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
A lot of things could happen, but right now his selfishness and arrogance are leading him to retirement.  A weak team could do a smart thing and play to his ego:  We'll let you start as long as your produce, as long as you give is 10 pts. and 5 assists a night, you can start.  If you can't then you have to allow us to sub you in from the bench. 

If Iverson is a man, then he can accept that.  If he can't then he'd be a cancer on any team, at best a distraction, at worst disruptive to the team.

There are a lot of tams that could benefit form his talent if he's willing to stay within a defined role, but he has never been happy with limits.  He should realise by now that his individual act isn't winning basketball.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Did Detroit try to trade him before the deadline?
I don't get Detroit letting Sheed and IMeson walk for nothing in return.
Spurs could have used either one.  Of course if Iverson refuses to come off the bench in a Championship pursuit.....

Another NBA player showing a Championship is not the goal.