Author Topic: Snaq is not slowing down Phx so far. Or has he?  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Snaq is not slowing down Phx so far. Or has he?
« on: February 25, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
Since the return of upcourt Sunsball with Genty, Phx has returned to its higher scoring and winning ways.  Or have they?  Will the result be the same in the playoffs? Notice cracking 140 3Xs vs Pacific Patsy division oponents and injured OKC, then facing Boston and losing.

Lac W 140-100       
@Lac W 142-119
Okc W 140-118    
Bos L 128-108    
Bobcats W 112-102

At any rate, it must be said that Snaq so far has not slowed the Suns down.  Indeed they look completely revitalized sans the game against a Real Contender.  Even then Snaq did fine vs Boston.  Or did he? 

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Snaq is not slowing down Phx so far. Or has he?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:33:18 PM »
Since the return of upcourt Sunsball with Genty, Phx has returned to its higher scoring and winning ways.  Or have they?  Will the result be the same in the playoffs? Notice cracking 140 3Xs vs Pacific Patsy division oponents and injured OKC, then facing Boston and losing.

Lac W 140-100       
@Lac W 142-119
Okc W 140-118    
Bos L 128-108    
Bobcats W 112-102

At any rate, it must be said that Snaq so far has not slowed the Suns down.  Indeed they look completely revitalized sans the game against a Real Contender.  Even then Snaq did fine vs Boston.  Or did he? 

The low scoring seems to have a lot to be with the coach's style, once porter left they exploded for 140 with gentry as coach.  I don't think it had to do completely with shaq being on the squad. he does slow the offense IMO, but this season imo had more to do with Porter's style of play.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:38:30 PM »
^^ and to be fair to Porter, i think the slowdown style was forced by Kerr and or other management at Sunsville along with the current up tempo game being demanded by Kerr via Nash, Stoudamire and others.  If Gentry wanted to run good for him, because even if he did not uptempo was gonna be ordered.
They figured the playoffs were a tank with the uptempo, they thought Snaq could help them grind it out in the halfcourt.

Enter Bob Horry, Spurs 4-2.  We'll never know what *might* have happened!  :D ;)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:30:03 AM »
133 vs Toronto
118 vs Lakers
both wins.
6-2 overall

So Snaq is surely not slowing down the Suns in the new Gentry era.  Particularly snacking on Pacific Patsy opponents.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »
Shaq is their main weapon since Amare and Nash are down.  The problem is they don't have someone who passes well in the open court so the offense is going to be much different when Nash comes back.  He has been very effective in getting good position though.  I will credit him with that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »
Bosh have a point?  I've heard from one who saw the 1st half and said no.  He is not/was not a Shaq Nozer from back in the Laker day.

(AP) Toronto?s Chris Bosh had an explanation for how Shaquille O?Neal scored 45 points: He cheated.

?He was just camping down in the lane,? Bosh said Friday night, after O?Neal?s biggest scoring night in six years led Phoenix to a 133-113 victory over the Raptors. ?I mean, if they?re not calling three seconds?I thought it was a rule, but I guess not.?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
Bosh have a point?  I've heard from one who saw the 1st half and said no.  He is not/was not a Shaq Nozer from back in the Laker day.

(AP) Toronto?s Chris Bosh had an explanation for how Shaquille O?Neal scored 45 points: He cheated.

?He was just camping down in the lane,? Bosh said Friday night, after O?Neal?s biggest scoring night in six years led Phoenix to a 133-113 victory over the Raptors. ?I mean, if they?re not calling three seconds?I thought it was a rule, but I guess not.?

He does on a number of plays he is camped out in the lane....problem?  Bosh gets away with this too.  They don't call it nearly enough.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »

He got away with alot of shoving that he typically gets called for an offensive foul.  IMO if Amare and Nash were still in the lineup Shaq would get more fouls called on him. IMO the refs know that the Suns are fighting injuries so they are less likely to foul Shaq out of a game.

Shaq was a beast!  He was pushing Gasol around like a rag doll.  I heard the announcers saying Shaq was CLEARLY committing an offensive foul by shoving Gasol under the basket, IMO Gasol CLEARLY needs to hit the weight room.  Shaq could not shove me under the basket so he shouldn't be shoving Gasol under it either.  These Euro-wusses need to learn how to hold position against guys like Shaq.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »

Shaq was a beast!  He was pushing Gasol around like a rag doll.  I heard the announcers saying Shaq was CLEARLY committing an offensive foul by shoving Gasol under the basket, IMO Gasol CLEARLY needs to hit the weight room.  Shaq could not shove me under the basket so he shouldn't be shoving Gasol under it either.  These Euro-wusses need to learn how to hold position against guys like Shaq.

While I agree with you for the most part, WOW ... I have to say that even if Gasol spent 5 years straight in the weight room with a steady diet of anabolic steroids, Shaq would still be able to push him around like a rag doll.  They just have fundamentally different physical attributes. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 04:32:49 PM by msc »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »
While I agree with you for the most part, WOW ... I have to say that even if Gasol spent 5 years straight in the weight room with a steady diet of anabolic steroids, Shaq would still be able to push him around like a rag doll.  They just have fundamentally different physical attributes. 

I wouldn't let Shaq do that to me.  I've played against guys who were 10 inches taller and 100+ pounds heavier and they didn't push me around like that.  Holding my own against the big black "kids" in the league was 25% technique and 75% desire.  Gasol is SOFT!

P.S. I rarely got a rebound over my dad or his brother and I had 4 inches and 50 lbs on them.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
It's still a relatively small sample size, but looks like the trend is developing.
Worked over by both Houston and San Antone to extend the loss streak to 4.  Next game on Tues will be yet another game against a team from the NBAs mightiest Division, the Southwest.

Shaq and Phoenix looking desperately ahead for another game vs a fellow Pacific Patsy opponent.  Not till March 15th, Golden State.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:22:55 AM by Reality »