Author Topic: Lessons you've learned this season  (Read 10515 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lessons you've learned this season
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »
even if i did miss out on russell westbrook due to some misunderstood trades

Thank you for that.  :)

Meh - I shouldn't have reversed the allen waiving probably but the move was made in response to the trade accidentally being made (and salmons is hurt now so there you go)...so i figured i'd still have a chance because he'd still be sitting there in a few days - my bad

What was the deal with that commish squashed trade?  How do you accidentally make a trade?  You accidentally make a trade offer then the other guy accidentally accepts the trade?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 09:44:11 PM »
I made the trade offer validly - it was accientally accepted - it was salmons for one of my point guards - i was holding tony allen because my sg set up blew and knew that if the salmons deal went down i would immediately claim westbrook from waivers...when ted told me he mistakenly approved the trade I said that was fine - and told derek he could reverse it and asked him to reverse my waiver claim because i wasn't sure i could find another SG even better than tony allen any time soon - i did actually though completely the marioin deal but since the deal was reversed by putting westbrook on waivers (i didn't knwo that would happen) i couldn't claim him again.

Also - gotta move faster i've leared - you beat me out for marquis daniels

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
You wont get a lot of points from him but he does get a number of steals and a number of rebounds each game.

Heard some local (CA) pundits who think he might replace vlad rad in the starting line up at some point...

Not going to happen.  One word: "spacing".

Ariza is not a shooter, with him in the starting lineup you might as well bench Bynum or Gasol cause teams will just pack it into the paint.  I will personally slap PJ in the face if he makes a stupid move like that...

Kurt Rambis confirmed this today on KLAC with Petros and Money.

His minutes will go up because he is playing very well but he won't make the starting line up.  Vlade is actually shooting the ball really well.  Like WOW said the spacing is very important when Bynum and Gasol are out there.  The Laker players actually need to look for him more.  On top of it the Lakers 2nd unit really outclasses most other second units and many times they blow the games open.  Keeping Odom and Ariza on the bench really keeps the team from dropping off like most teams do when their subs come in.  It's been working well and I also would slap PJ if he moved him off the 2nd unit.  I feel that is our 'sleeper' strength.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 11:15:08 PM »
Russell Westbrook is a waiver wire player.  He'll be available again for pickup sometime this year IMO.  Those %'s are god awful, and his turnovers a real burden.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 11:39:18 PM »
I made the trade offer validly - it was accientally accepted - it was salmons for one of my point guards - i was holding tony allen because my sg set up blew and knew that if the salmons deal went down i would immediately claim westbrook from waivers...when ted told me he mistakenly approved the trade I said that was fine - and told derek he could reverse it and asked him to reverse my waiver claim because i wasn't sure i could find another SG even better than tony allen any time soon - i did actually though completely the marioin deal but since the deal was reversed by putting westbrook on waivers (i didn't knwo that would happen) i couldn't claim him again.

Also - gotta move faster i've leared - you beat me out for marquis daniels

I have a bad habit of falling in "like" with my players and not moving when I should.  You picked up that Clippers rookie SG that was going to get but I couldn't decide who to drop, the next day you took him.  There have been three guys I let slip through the cracks because I couldn't decide who to drop, I need to stop doing that....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 11:47:11 PM »
I had the advantage of having an easily droppable player in cutino mobley :)

I figured even after one start or two he couldn't be worse than mobley

This league is harder than other leagues i've been in with only six spots, i'm used to 11 or 12...kaman being hurt sucks but my center picks get hard some times :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »
I had the advantage of having an easily droppable player in cutino mobley :)

I figured even after one start or two he couldn't be worse than mobley

This league is harder than other leagues i've been in with only six spots, i'm used to 11 or 12...kaman being hurt sucks but my center picks get hard some times :)

You should have seen how tough the league was when we only had 12 roster spots.  Hard to hold on to a player through an extended injury, even a really good player.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 03:36:18 AM »
well, if you play a week where you can hardly fill the 6 starter spots, then even a 14 man roster makes that hard.

So bye bye Agent Zero.

(somehow i think it makes no sense holding onto a player that openly proclaimed it would be better to sit out the season, who has missed nearly 2 complete seasons in a row, and who won't really be a keeper over Dwight and (hopefully) the Rose!)
 ;D
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »
well, if you play a week where you can hardly fill the 6 starter spots, then even a 14 man roster makes that hard.

So bye bye Agent Zero.

(somehow i think it makes no sense holding onto a player that openly proclaimed it would be better to sit out the season, who has missed nearly 2 complete seasons in a row, and who won't really be a keeper over Dwight and (hopefully) the Rose!)
 ;D

Do you think this will work on my boss in January?  I've kind of felt like I want to take off all of next season in the consulting game but I still would like to get paid for it.  You know just like Arenas, I want to play playstation 3 all day and hang out with my friends lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »
I'm sure if you had a guaranteed contract you could probably get away with it.

Offline atom2030

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »
you honestly think for a second Gilly will NOT get away with it?
Felix Skydivers '13

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »
Of course he'll get away with it, it probably 'helps' his cause that the wizards are god awful so far this season and have already fired their coach and really have no shot - even if arenas comes back at like 80% - so the argument could be made that he should FULLY heal for the whole season instead of coming back too early or he'll aggravate it again.

How does insurance work in this case - is insruance helping the wizards in this instance - if so, yet another reason for the wiz wanting him to spend entire (lost) season 'injured'

Of course - even at 100% the wizards aren't going to make much noise in the post season in the eastern conference, that GM will be fired in a year or so

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
How was Arenas able to keep a strait face when he signed his massive contract THIS year?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 10:58:55 AM »
I continue to hold on to players longer than I should and missing out on players I should have jumped on.  Admittedly I don't pay attention to NBA roster moves and other real world things that could effect the production of my FNBA players.

I need to fall out of "bro-love" with the guys on my roster and make some moves.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline atom2030

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 06:56:38 AM »
SET YOUR DAMN LINEUP IN ADVANCE FOR THE WEEK
(even if it's subject to change once waiver moves are made)

Twice this seaosn already I missed nearly a full day with great games from the likes of Amare, Dwight, Roy and a few others (needless to say i lost both these series)
Felix Skydivers '13

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx