Author Topic: CSN Philly reports Elton Brand is out for year  (Read 2498 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CSN Philly reports Elton Brand is out for year
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
The first year of the Brand era was a forgettable one.  This is pretty unsettling.  Well, pending a Miller trade, it looks like we're back to running teams out of the building and losing in the first round. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
Well, that should resolve the question of whether we trade Miller or not.  I was a little surprised that they did not do the surgery when he was first injured.  Move Miller for the Portland package with Outlaw and Rodriguez and maybe get Frye back too. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »
I guess its now a 4 yr 67M deal...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »
No way to ever measure this, but I wonder how often one serious injury is followed by another (unrelated one.)  I'm guessing this is more the case as you get older.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
Ouch.  That really hurts the Sixers chances of getting deep into the playoffs.  Brand never found his stride with the team and I was looking forward to seeing how he could combine his talents with the rest.

Since the Sixers never had him as an integral part of the team, they can still move forward.  They still have Speights to develop and they still have a lot of games they can win.  Young and Williams need to continue to work on their game and Iguodala still needs to work on his.

I wonder what the team will try to do now, if anything in terms of trades. It's a tough loss, but not the Sixers aren't the only ones, lots of teams have had major injury problems as well.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
Well, that should resolve the question of whether we trade Miller or not.  I was a little surprised that they did not do the surgery when he was first injured.  Move Miller for the Portland package with Outlaw and Rodriguez and maybe get Frye back too. 

A sixerfan update would hit the spot right about now. 

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »
Disappointing.

Long term, this might not be the end of the world.  If he gets the surgery now he'll be up an running for most of the summer - the best chance to have a full and healthy 09-10.  He's a 5-year investment and the Sixers and solidly behind at least 3 teams in the east.