Author Topic: Tony Parker - All Star starter  (Read 931 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Tony Parker - All Star starter
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
Could Parker be the starting PG in the west?

Paul is day to day with his strained groin.  Billups went down last night with a sprained ankle.  If neither is available for the all star game then Parker is the only PG on the roster and should start in the backcourt with Kobe.  Thus we can really see how Bryant would mesh on a true championship team.   ;)

But this also raises another question - who do you pick to replace Paul & Billups?  D-Will is injured also.  One obvious choice is that Canadian who plays in Phoenix.  The other isn't so clear cut.  Do you add another guard?  Do you add the biggest snub?  But then who is the bigger snub - Melo or Al Jefferson?  Maybe Durant?

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tony Parker - All Star starter
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
I thought they wouldn't be able to add any player they want?  Don't they have to fill that slot?  Tony Parker probably should start.  I don't see why not.

Steve Nash is an obvious choice since they are in PHX though I don't think he deserves to go.  Sending Durant makes sense if the NBA wants to develop him into a more visible star and his stats certainly warrant it.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com