Author Topic: SuperBowl Commercials  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SuperBowl Commercials
« on: February 02, 2009, 03:08:53 AM »
I did not watch every single one, nor did i watch a minute of halftime.  That having been said:

Boring?  Seems like about every commercial I saw was weird/boring.   Must have been some good ones.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: SuperBowl Commercials
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:32:12 AM »
Best commercial was the early Doritos one - "Crystal Ball."  I actually laughed at him throwing the snow globe breaking the glass on the Doritos machine.

I also felt the commercials were impressively lame.  That's been several years now wtthout any truly memorable commercials.  Is it that the time has gotten so expensive that folks prefer to go the safe route with the commercials?

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
I almost threw a snow globe at my TV everytime one of those STUPID horse commercials for Bud came on.

Utlra-lame this year.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »
Best commercial was the early Doritos one - "Crystal Ball."  I actually laughed at him throwing the snow globe breaking the glass on the Doritos machine.

I also felt the commercials were impressively lame.  That's been several years now wtthout any truly memorable commercials.  Is it that the time has gotten so expensive that folks prefer to go the safe route with the commercials?

I did like the career builder commercial where the it says," it may be time for a new job if you drive to a job you hate every day.." and the lady parks and is banging on the steering wheel, then it goes through all the other signs that it might be time for a new job, including punching a cute koala [?] bear. 

doritos crystal ball was funny.

bridgstone moon guys commercial cracked me up a little.

I now want to watch, "Year one" and "Land of the Lost"

I already wanted to see Transformers 2, and I don't quite know what to make of "GI Joe" quite yet....last I read it was going to be "PG" which makes me want to skip it right there.  Preview makes it seem like Destro and The Baroness start forming Cobra culminating with the intro of Cobra Commander at the end of the movie.  I may have to pass on that one.

I did see a cash for gold commercial online that was listed as a superbowl ad with ed mcmahon and mc hammer that was really funny.

I missed some because I left the super bowl party I was at right at the end of the third quarter.  Turned it back on to see Arizona driving for a win - i was like I can't believe I missed this!  Oh well the Steelers won, that's who I was going for.  Good game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:19:15 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »
I did like the career builder commercial where the it says," it may be time for a new job if you drive to a job you hate every day.." and the lady parks and is banging on the steering wheel, then it goes through all the other signs that it might be time for a new job, including punching a cute koala [?] bear. 

That commercial has been on before.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:32:41 AM »

That commercial has been on before.

That was the first time I saw it.  I thought it was funny. 

I am with you on those bud commercials though, I wish they would put that horse down already.  Does InBev already own bud? 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »
What about the Conan O'Brien Bud Light one?  Thought that was funny.

The GoDaddy commercials were poorly done.  They looked cheap.  Certainly not worth what they paid for the spots.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 11:01:36 AM »
yeah, Conan was funny.  so he is about ready to move to the tonight show and leno get prime time, did jimmy fallen get picked to take over after conan leaves his show?