Author Topic: Ugghh this is annoying (Spurs/Celtics)  (Read 2416 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Ugghh this is annoying (Spurs/Celtics)
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
I just don't get it...

Why is it went the Spurs lightly bump a Celtics player its a foul but the Celtics are allowed to man handle the Spurs players.  Ray Allen leans in on a lay up, foul on Spurs.  Parker leans in on a lay up, charge.  Almost the exact same play within a few minutes.

The reason I am annoyed is its still early in the game and it seems clear who is going to get away with A LOT.  The non calls on those PP walks are ridiculous.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:15:17 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Ugghh this is annoying (Spurs/Celtics)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »
I just don't get it...

Why is it went the Spurs lightly bump a Celtics player its a foul but the Celtics are allowed to man handle the Spurs players.  Ray Allen leans in on a lay up, foul on Spurs.  Parker leans in on a lay up, charge.  Almost the exact same play within a few minutes.

The reason I am annoyed is its still early in the game and it seems clear who is going to get away with A LOT.  The non calls on those PP walks are ridiculous.

I made similar comments with the Lakers/Celtics but I get accused of homerism.  Now REAL Spurs fans can see what I'm talking about the Celtics "defense".  The other thing that drives me nuts is the totally ILLEGAL screens the Celtics get away with, there was one where KG shoves TD or Mason in the FACE to keep him from getting around the screen.  Perkins is also geets away with a ton of fouls.

What an ending!!!

Mason was INSANE to take that shot but he hit it!

Manu and Bown pressure Ray Allen into making the mistake that cost the Celtics FOUR points and the game. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:23:27 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:22:37 PM »
I just don't get it...

I mad similar comments with the Lakers/Celtics but I get accused of homerism.  Now REAL Spurs fans can see what I'm talking about the Celtics "defense".  The other thing that drives me nuts is the totally ILLEGAL screens the Celtics get away with, there was one where KG shoves TD or Mason in the FACE to keep him from getting around the screen.  Perkins is also geets away with a ton of fouls.

What an ending!!!

Manu and Bown pressure Ray Allen into making the mistake that cost the Celtics FOUR points and the game. 

Perkins as well.  There was a number of illegal screens he was setting.  See I don't understand how the ref can stand there with no one blocking their view and watch him hit defenders like a football player.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 11:10:11 AM »
I just don't get it...

I made similar comments with the Lakers/Celtics but I get accused of homerism.  Now REAL Spurs fans can see what I'm talking about the Celtics "defense".  The other thing that drives me nuts is the totally ILLEGAL screens the Celtics get away with, there was one where KG shoves TD or Mason in the FACE to keep him from getting around the screen.  Perkins is also geets away with a ton of fouls.

What an ending!!!

The Mason shot was awesome, but I was more impressed with Bonner going of like he did in that game.  He really did an awesome job against Boston IMO.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:23:18 AM »
Remind me what the deal was for Mason? It seems as if the Spurs robbed someone for this cat, what a good pick up.

Congrats on the win, REAL Spurs fans (modified to include ONLY X3, Lurker, and the MIA 101, the only ones who count)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:45:10 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
Remind me what the deal was for Mason? It seems as if the Spurs robbed someone for this cat, what a good pick up.

Congrats on the win, REAL Spurs fans

I think he was our second free agent target this summer after Maggette [sp] signed elsewhere.  I think he is a way better pick up than anyone expected though, he has got great confidence and a nice outside shot...He is suppossed to be in the 3 point competition all-star weekend as well.  That should be fun to watch.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »

Congrats on the win, REAL Spurs fans
Thank you.  It's great seeing Pop-A-Cement open up the O.

Mason was a free agent.  The Spurs wanted him a year earlier, but he turned down their offer and finished up his final year of his relatively low contract (700K or so in '07-08) with the Wizards in the hopes that he would land a bigger better deal after that season.  Alas, he is a Spur and is doing very well.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »
Hes hit like 3 big shots so far this year.

He torched the Lakers, Cavs, and now the Celtics.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
I just don't get it...

What an ending!!!

The Mason shot was awesome, but I was more impressed with Bonner going of like he did in that game.  He really did an awesome job against Boston IMO.

He had like a bus full of people there to watch him.  Hes from New Hamp.  That's why he went off.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 01:14:22 PM »
I just don't get it...

What an ending!!!

He had like a bus full of people there to watch him.  Hes from New Hamp.  That's why he went off.

they should drive that bus to every game then..lol

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »
Hes hit like 3 big shots so far this year.

He torched the Lakers, Cavs, and now the Celtics.

Mason also crushed the Suns hearts on Xmas day.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"