Author Topic: OT - Let the Obama deceptions and lies begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1693 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - Let the Obama deceptions and lies begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
Quartet pre-recorded Obama music 

Organisers said the recording was used as a last resort

Millions watching the US presidential inauguration heard a recording made in advance by four famous musicians - amid fears the cold could ruin the concert.

Cellist Yo-Yo Ma, violinist Itzhak Perlman, pianist Gabriella Montero and clarinettist Anthony McGill did play along - but without being amplified.

Organisers said a late decision to use a recording was made over fears frozen weather could damage instruments.

The version heard around the world was recorded two days earlier, they said.

The musicians, playing John Williams' Air and Simple Gifts, "were very insistent on playing live until it became clear that it would be too cold", said Carole Florman, a spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

She said the cold weather could have caused strings to snap, and instruments to crack or go out of tune.

'Not Milli Vanilli'

"No-one's trying to fool anybody," she told the New York Times newspaper. "It's not something we would announce, but it's not something we would try to hide," she said.

"This isn't a matter of Milli Vanilli," she added, referring to a pop band that was stripped of a Grammy music award in 1989 because the duo did not sing on their album and lip-synched in concerts.

Ms Florman said that the NBC network, which was handling the television pool of the inauguration ceremony, were told of the likely use of a recording the day before.

Violinist Itzhak Perlman said "it would have been a disaster if we had done it any other way".

"This occasion's got to be perfect. You can't have any slip-ups," he told the New York Times.

Yo-Yo Ma added: "A broken string was not an option. It was wicked cold."

All the other musical performances during the ceremony were live, although Aretha Franklin was accompanied by taped music and additional voices.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Let the Obama deceptions and lies begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »
I thought for a moment we had a chance in hell, but this is yet more proof that we are in the horrible and inevitable decline of the United States of America. Sooner than we would hope we will see "fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

JoMal, did I miss any?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »
I thought for a moment we had a chance in hell, but this is yet more proof that we are in the horrible and inevitable decline of the United States of America. Sooner than we would hope we will see "fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

JoMal, did I miss any?

So NOW you're convinced he's really the Messiah.... ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »

Who JoMal? Well, I guess he could be, he's about as old as Jesus would be.

I know JoMal. It was completely unwarranted.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »

Who JoMal? Well, I guess he could be, he's about as old as Jesus would be.

I know JoMal. It was completely unwarranted.

When should I start feeling guilty for starting this?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »
When should I start feeling guilty for starting this?

Did you start the old thing with JoMal?  I remember JoldMal being pretty funny.

Found this:
man ted i dont know ho wyou have time for the internet and service all 12 of your wives..... :ph34r: 

So I might be innocent of starting shizzle with Ted and his immoral life style.  That "Hey Ted" thread cracks me up....."Hey Ted, do Mormons have tails?"  LOL!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »
So I might be innocent of starting shizzle with Ted and his immoral life style.  That "Hey Ted" thread cracks me up....."Hey Ted, do Mormons have tails?"  LOL!

I had totally forgotten about that thread. Jeez, what a nightmare! 101 asking real questions, WoW busting my balls, and me naively thinking he actually wanted answers.

That experience taught me to follow the advice in Matthew 7:6.  :D