Author Topic: That was not a travel  (Read 3579 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: That was not a travel
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »
Yes, it would be a waste of your time.  The fact that the two are refereed differently *AT* *ALL* is a waste of everybody's time.  I'm not saying they're not;  I'm saying it's ridiculous that they are.

What's even worse is that if it had been Kobe they would have called the bump on Manu and Kobe would have probably gone to the FT line.  At a minimum they would have NOT called the travel and Kobe probably makes that shot.

Even durring the game the refs change.  Early on TD was getting all the calls.  He was fouling Bynum and not getting called, Gasol block TD's shot cleaning and got called for a foul even after TD commited an offensive foul on that same play.  Then on TD's last possesion Gasol clearly fouls TD, even in real time it looked like an obvious foul, but no wistle.  IMO had TD not made that circus shot they might have blown and late wistle but it is crazy and frustrating that the game gets called differently in the closing minutes let alone in the playoffs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »

I'd try to explain the difference between a playoff game and a regular season game but it would be wasting my time.  We all know that.

Yes, it would be a waste of your time.  The fact that the two are refereed differently *AT* *ALL* is a waste of everybody's time.  I'm not saying they're not;  I'm saying it's ridiculous that they are.

Agreed but it is what it is, ya know?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »

I'd try to explain the difference between a playoff game and a regular season game but it would be wasting my time.  We all know that.

Sorry, but I just can't buy the argument, "It is what it is."  That's just an excuse for what is essentially our own apathy toward the situation.

And speaking of the mess that is in Washington... (and I'm not referring to the Wizards)...
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »
And speaking of the mess that is in Washington... (and I'm not referring to the Wizards)...

Don't worry Joe, that mess will be swept into the gutter where it belongs in about 4 days.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »

Sorry, but I just can't buy the argument, "It is what it is."  That's just an excuse for what is essentially our own apathy toward the situation.

It's not an argument.  There is literally nothing for US to argue about here.   Literally that is how it is and there is NOTHING we can do about it.  If we (nba fans who don't agree with this) could have done something about it, it would have been handled a long time ago.  It hasn't.  Again, it is what it is.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:19:51 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

Don't worry Joe, that mess will be swept into the gutter where it belongs in about 4 days.

No, it won't.

Pretty much every incumbent Representative and Senator is being returned - most notably all the ones who funded the bank bailout in hopes of keeping everything from crashing down - which it did, anyway.

Bush is bad, but he's not the only pathetic politician in Washington by a *LONG* stretch.  Sad thing is that I don't even think he's the WORST, and given some of my critiques of the man PRIOR to his election ("he's a thief"), that's saying A LOT.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »
If the Spurs lose to the Sixers 2nite, I will hate the Spurs just a little bit more.   >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"