Author Topic: Potential Clips/Knicks/Blazers deal being discussed.  (Read 2131 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Potential Clips/Knicks/Blazers deal being discussed.
« on: January 05, 2009, 06:56:52 PM »
The Clips just released two players and added another in trade with Denver.  Been hearing a deal with these guys as the main guys (it all works with just these guys, but I suspect there would be more players involved).

Clips give Camby get Q Richardson
Knicks give QRich and David Lee and get Camby and Channing Frye
Blazers give Frye and get Lee.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Blazers don't also add Travis Outlaw as well.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Potential Clips/Knicks/Blazers deal being discussed.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:40:42 PM »
The Clips just released two players and added another in trade with Denver.  Been hearing a deal with these guys as the main guys (it all works with just these guys, but I suspect there would be more players involved).

Clips give Camby get Q Richardson
Knicks give QRich and David Lee and get Camby and Channing Frye
Blazers give Frye and get Lee.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Blazers don't also add Travis Outlaw as well.

What team did Camby play for before?
What team did QRich play for before?

This is Deja-vu all over again.  Clips pass up on Roberts in the draft and get some ubber soft guy named LeRon Ellis or something.  Then the Clips get MAJOR props for trading Charles Smith (a solid PF at the time, pre-Bulls-ownage under the basket) and a first round draft pick.  I was like WTF!  Isn't this the same Roberts the Clippers passed on in the draft?  The Clips are getting mad props for getting Roberts at the cost of a pick and Smith when they could have got him for FREE!!!  The Clips  :-\  :'(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 01:28:08 AM »
It makes sense to move Camby with the flippin log jam they have in the middle......

BUT FOR A PLAYER THEY ALREADY HAD#)@($@$)#(
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »
And the Knicks would also be reacquring Camby and Frye.  Hmmm... anyway the Wolves can get in on this and reacquire KG?
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »
And the Knicks would also be reacquring Camby and Frye.  Hmmm... anyway the Wolves can get in on this and reacquire KG?

Quiet jn, don't give the Grizz any ideas!  >:(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:50:53 PM »
Oh man WOW, are you worried about which Gasol you have? Picky, picky.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
some additional info from Hoopshype

One team that may go after Eddy Curry, now that the Knick center appears ready to resume playing, is the Blazers. Portland president Kevin Pritchard, who's been after David Lee David Lee for years, quietly scouted a Knick preseason game. "They'll do anything for a big man," a league source said. New York Post

The Knicks have some interest in Outlaw and Rodriguez. But they?re going to drive a pretty hard bargain for Lee. Portland may not want to part with what it?s going to take, particularly for a player who may be getting limited minutes here. Dwight Jaynes

Pritchard said he would not address today's trade rumors linking the Blazers in trade talks with New York and the Clippers. However, I have been told by multiple people, multiple times that this talk has zero legs to it. Zero. This summer a deal with David Lee was offered to the Blazers, but ultimately the Blazers rejected the deal, which involved Jarrett Jack and the Blazers' first round pick. Oregonian

Channing Frye, who has practically disappeared from the Blazers' playing rotation, said on Monday night that he hasn't asked Pritchard for a trade from the Blazers. "The only thing me and KP talk about is what's best for the Blazers,'' Frye wrote in an email. "I'm just trying to do the best I can in a difficult situation.'' Pritchard said the two have had conversations in the past month, but the subject of those talks were private. Oregonian
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:22:20 PM »
Um zig, how do you feel about Eddy Curry going there????

Eddy Curry is one of the only players other than Lebron James I actually followed a good deal while still in high school.  I use to watch a TV show that followed him around and was a big fan....until he got to the NBA.  I can't believe so much talent is wasted away due to what I think is just pure laziness.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »
Um zig, how do you feel about Eddy Curry going there????

Eddy Curry is one of the only players other than Lebron James I actually followed a good deal while still in high school.  I use to watch a TV show that followed him around and was a big fan....until he got to the NBA.  I can't believe so much talent is wasted away due to what I think is just pure laziness.

He is a useless fat tub o goo imho.  He would be company for Shavlick Randolph behind the bench, in the inactive club.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »
Everytime I hear "They are desperate for a big man" or hear a rumor about them signing one I always go back to the Jermaine O'Neal thing.  Why oh why?  Hindsight is 20/20 I guess but I remember him being decent.  Maybe I am re-writing history in my own mind?  Clearly when he was in black he was better than Curry is now....

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
Everytime I hear "They are desperate for a big man" or hear a rumor about them signing one I always go back to the Jermaine O'Neal thing.  Why oh why?  Hindsight is 20/20 I guess but I remember him being decent.  Maybe I am re-writing history in my own mind?  Clearly when he was in black he was better than Curry is now....

Trading Jermaine for Dale Davis was a major mistake, and I will lay it straight at the feet of Dunleavy.  I got this the other day of the Dwight Jaynes blog (he was the beat writer and columnist for years)

But way back when I covered the team many years ago, I remember a very good Trail Blazer head coach laughing about the prospect of playing one of his younger bench players with the possibility of winning a championship at hand. ?Why should I develop some player for the next coach?? he said. ?I have to win games or I?m out of here. Besides, he just wants the guy to play so he can justify drafting him in the first place.?

He was quite possibly correct, in that case. But while that philosophy is understandable, it may not be entirely in concert with the best interests of the franchise. For a coach to risk losing games to develop young players, he has to know the front office is going to understand the possible ramifications and not penalize him for them.

Tell me he isn't talking about Dunleavy and Jermaine.

At the same time Jermaine, though he was better than Dale Davis, as well as younger, is one of the most overrated players in years.  He is soft, always hurt, and was an EC all-star when all the best PF were in the West.  That he makes $20 million plus per year and has for a couple of years is egregious in my opinion.  Do I wish we had kept him over Dale Davis?  Absolutely!  Was he all that he was made out?  Not by a mile.

AA Mil