Author Topic: OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers END Boston winning streak!  (Read 3658 times)

jemagee

Re: OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers END Boston winning streak!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »
Can he ever actually talk basketball?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 01:31:35 AM »
Got a chance to watch a "compressed" first half on ESPN replay.  It's soooooooooooooooo obvious the Lakers are lacking "toughness", it's been talked about by everyone with a mic in their hand but the Celtics just seem to magnify the problem.  IMO Perkins is a bit of a "punk" BUT the "punkish" stuff he does could be considered the type of "toughness" the Lakers are lacking.  I saw Perkins do a lot pushing, shoving, elbowing, etc... all throughout the game.  He got caught a couple of times but IMO those types of actions are what is missing from the Lakers.  The Lakers need a little bit of the Perkins "dirty dirty" on the squad.  There is not one single guy who has the personality or the "will" to be a little dirty.  Shaq was tough, he's like beating on a boulder, you don't get tougher than Shaq but the Lakers also had guys like Fox durring their run get under players skin.  Sasha is more like an annoying yapping little dog than someone who can really get the "vet" dirty move in on someone and get them pissed and/or intimidated or off their normal game.  There is "zero" toughness on the Lakers right now, don't know if they can succeed with their pure finess game.

Last year the Celtics had Posey, Perkins, and Brown on the squad to be "thug" guys and KG, Pierce and Powe are "tough" guys while not being thugs.  This year the Celts don't look as "tough/thugish" but they are 10X tougher than the Lakers.  There really isn't a "tough" team out west right now so it shouldn't be a huge problem for the Lakers.  Teams like the Spurs and Jazz will still pound the Lakers on the boards, although not as bad now that Ariza and Bynum are back, but the Lakers are going to get "punked" if they make it to the Finals by the Cavs or Celts.  The Cavs and Celts just seem to play tough all the time and it's better suited for grind out games you play in a series durring the playoffs.  IMO the Lakers should pick someone up who can deliver 6 hard fouls a game when needed.

Can't believe the Celts lost to the Warriors 2nite, I guess they are in the same league as the Lakers after all.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 04:27:02 PM »
One of those teams in the celtics...i forget who the other was but it wasn't the rockets

Spurs.

Deke signed with the Rockets.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
Shows what news reporters know ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 04:45:04 PM »
The only other vet big man on the open market is Mourning but he's stated he wants to go back to Miami.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
PJ Brown is still out there isn't he?

Joe Smith and Chris WIlcox are 'big men' who might move as well - but in trade

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
PJ Brown is still out there isn't he?

Joe Smith and Chris WIlcox are 'big men' who might move as well - but in trade

Brown is retired but Smith and Wilcox are viable.  Can't believe Wilcox is now a vet......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »
I've seen a lot of talk about brown - maybe his retirement is 'soft' and he's just waiting until he finds the right situation and the right time (i.e. right before the roster deadline)?

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
So - did the ref really miss the six on the court last night or was that pay back for all the BS that the celtics CONTINUE to participate in (led by punk Kevin Garnett who took cheap shots at LaMarcus Aldridge last night)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »
So - did the ref really miss the six on the court last night or was that pay back for all the BS that the celtics CONTINUE to participate in (led by punk Kevin Garnett who took cheap shots at LaMarcus Aldridge last night)

KG is a real punk arse beeyotch IMO.  I've seen a ton of youtube videos of all his cheapshots over the years.  He seems to only pick on small guys or rookie/young guys.  KG is too much of a wuss to go after someone of his stature/size unless it's a cheap shot and he runs away.  I saw one where he went up to DRob like some tough guy and DRob just ignored him, then when TD went over to grab DRob KG slapped TD on the BACK of the head and then quickly got away from him.  KG is a total wuss and he sets a TON of illegal screens, I'm amazed what he gets away with.  Funny how getting into a big NBA market exposes all your flaws......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"