Author Topic: What a great idea the Hawks had  (Read 1606 times)

jemagee

What a great idea the Hawks had
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:12:49 PM »
Few players in NBA history shot the ball as well as Mark Price. Thanks to Price, few teams in the NBA are shooting the ball as well as the Hawks. Hiring the four-time All-Star, a career .402 shooter from three-point range, was a natural fit for Atlanta, which was perennially near the bottom of the league in three-point shooting. ?When I came in and talked to the coaches and [General Manager] Rick Sund, one of our goals was to become a better three-point shooting team, to have that weapon added to the arsenal,? said Price, who lives in Atlanta and was running his own shooting academy where he was visited by Sund and Head Coach Mike Woodson. ?We started working on that early in the season, working with guys individually on their shots as well as getting up a lot of repetitions before and after practice. There's a confidence level that has to be there when you're shooting those in the game. It's one thing to do it in practice, but I've been real pleased at the way the guys are shooting the ball and shooting with confidence when they get in the game.? Hawks.com

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What a great idea the Hawks had
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
I could never understand why more nba teams don't hire guys to work with the players on shooting and FT shooting.  When you make million dollar investments in players you can spend a couple of extra dollars to maximize your return.    Ditto for any raw Pf/C w/o a bigman coach. 

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
Re: What a great idea the Hawks had
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »
(Ahem) Herb Magee.