Author Topic: OT - Slacker.com  (Read 1076 times)

jemagee

OT - Slacker.com
« on: December 10, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
Not sure if anyone else here uses slacker.com but i have been enjoying it quite a bit at work these days, but i'm noticing that even though i have a play list of about 50 groups with some 'matching' set up - i'm getting a lot of the same songs - and many of these bands have rather large lexicons - i have the popularity set to auto so i figured i'd get less popular songs but it seems that i'm not.

Anyone have any slacker.com or pandora.com advice to broaden the song horizons?:)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Slacker.com
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:30:46 PM »
You called in sick along with WoW, SpursXs3, Lurker, koast and the whole gang, didn't you?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »
Yea....

There's plenty of software out there that will allow you to stream your own mp3s over the Internet.  That way you control the play list better than either two services could.  UNLESS you enjoy finding out about different types of music because Pandora just plays it.  That is something that is cool about Pandora.  I like to use it once in a blue moon. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 09:19:48 PM »
I have '8 days' worth of music on ituens - most of my mp3s are on my work computer - my iphone is synched here - i just like using slacker these days to hear a mixture of stuff i don't own at the moment - so i was just wondering

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 09:41:24 PM »
I have '8 days' worth of music on ituens - most of my mp3s are on my work computer - my iphone is synched here - i just like using slacker these days to hear a mixture of stuff i don't own at the moment - so i was just wondering

What kind of music do you like ?  There are some more specialized places to go on the web for a certain genre of music. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »
What kind of music do you like ?  There are some more specialized places to go on the web for a certain genre of music.

Ah but I like a little bit of everything, old rock new rock old school rap, less of the newer stuff, some limited country music, my '80s high school' rock - i like very little classical and even limited show tuens (not the classics as much as some of the newer stuff like rent, avenue q, and wicked) but none of the placess play show tunes

For instance -

my play list on slacker can go
eminem
brad pasiely
my chemical romance
escape club
elton john

and i won't skil one of those songs :)