Author Topic: OT- Anyone else trying Google's new browser, Chrome?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
OT- Anyone else trying Google's new browser, Chrome?
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »
Has some neat features that I like, but I miss the drop down feature in the address bar that shows your last few visits to other locations.  On the other hand, the opening screen shows mini-windows of the last six sites visited, which is in some ways better if not quite as convenient.

Only problem I've noticed is that when checking e-mail in MSN's hotmail, I can't open one, whereas when I log in with firefox it opens right away.

Also, Sun has made a MS compatable office suite available for free, at OpenOffice.org.  Free spreadsheet, word processor, data base, presentation software and more. So far no problems with this at all, don't even use Excel anymore.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT- Anyone else trying Google's new browser, Chrome?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »
This topic has been discussed before and I think the comments about Chrome's lack of features is offset by the fact that Chrome is deisgned to be "light" and "fast".  Very small program "foot print" means it won't have all the features of full blown, aka bloated, browsers on the market.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 06:01:05 PM »
Thanks, my short experience seems to match the concensus. Seems a bit faster than firefox. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »
Ive been using it daily since it pretty much came out.  Now that plugins are starting to pop up I probably won't go back to FireFox any time soon.  FF2 just eats up memory and is clunking on my laptop.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
Ive been using it daily since it pretty much came out.  Now that plugins are starting to pop up I probably won't go back to FireFox any time soon.  FF2 just eats up memory and is clunking on my laptop.

I have not used it in a while, I will look into the plugins though to see how they work out.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.