Author Topic: Lakers V. Sixers tonight.  (Read 1533 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Lakers V. Sixers tonight.
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
Too bad the Sixers haven't found themselves yet. They really don't have an identity or wining style. They aren't a team.  That means they probably don't have a chance tonight, and it comes down to how hard LA plays them.

The Lakers don't seem to have a problem getting up for anyone, and after a rare loss in their last game, you can't expect that tonight.

Igoudala said he was looking forward to playing Kobe. It will be interesting to see how well he does.

I hope Cheeks gives Speights a lot of minutes.

jemagee

Re: Lakers V. Sixers tonight.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:10 PM »
Cheeks gave speights a lot of minutes last night - back to back and travelling and the laker front line - speights is gonna get eaten for lunch - while he's much better offensively than dalembert his defense still needs (a lot of) work, but he's a rookie and he's fine.

The sixers are a mess - but there's some hope there

David Thrope at ESPN said this today

I thought the last 2 games that I watched with them featured a team that played without passion and purpose.  They won last night, thanks to some timely shooting from Iggy (sic) and bad ball handling by the Bulls but I was not impressed

I turned the game off when Iguodala turned the ball over on the wet spot, I figured NCIS would be less irritating, so expected them to lose, but I've stopped even caring if they win or lose now, I'm more focused on certain things, for instance last night evans didn't play at all and Speights got more minutes than Dalembert and Ratliff combined.

Though (not to my surprise) the Bulls announcers did comment that sam seemed vocal and annoyed at being on the bench so long - maybe he'll grow to understand how annoyed the fans are that he isn't any better than this rookie

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »
If the Lakers don't blow the Sixers completely out of the water tonight I'll be very disappointed.  They blew it against the Pacers, a game they should have won easily, so the if the Lakers have that fire that champions need to have, they will show it tonight and burn the Sixers to the ground.

The only shot the Sixers have is if they play a rough and tough game, the Lakers starting front line still looks very soft.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:18:34 PM »
Too bad the Sixers haven't found themselves yet. They really don't have an identity or wining style. They aren't a team.  That means they probably don't have a chance tonight, and it comes down to how hard LA plays them.

The Lakers don't seem to have a problem getting up for anyone, and after a rare loss in their last game, you can't expect that tonight.

Igoudala said he was looking forward to playing Kobe. It will be interesting to see how well he does.

I hope Cheeks gives Speights a lot of minutes.

After they got their butts kicked last night I honestly don't expect them to come out flat.  I actually think the are going to try to punish the Sixers for their poor excuse for play last night.    They shouldn't be tired, that is for sure.  They didn't even play last night.

Personally I always like to see Kobe and Andre against each other.  I think Andre does a solid job against him and Kobe seems to agree.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »
Kobe used to tell me that Eric Snow did a good job against him too...I expect the Lakers front court to beat the snot out of the Sixers defense

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 05:24:57 PM »
Kobe used to tell me that Eric Snow did a good job against him too...I expect the Lakers front court to beat the snot out of the Sixers defense

Kobe used to tell me that there is no I in TEAM.........but there's an M and an E!!!!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 05:29:01 PM »
Kobe put the high school I went to on Access Hollywood

Yeah, that was enough for me to hate him even before he was drafted (not to mention the dumping of the HS girlfriend to take Brandy to the prom)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 06:01:46 PM »

Kobe used to tell me that there is no I in TEAM.........but there's an M and an E!!!!

Not only that, but there is an I in WIN!  And that's what it's all about.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no I in team, but there is an I in pie. And there's an i in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about.