Author Topic: Sound familiar? Indian gov't had warnings in Sept  (Read 988 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sound familiar? Indian gov't had warnings in Sept
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:58:02 AM »
India's foreign intelligence agency received information as recently as September that Pakistan-based terrorists were plotting attacks against Mumbai targets, according to a government intelligence official familiar with the matter.

The information was then relayed to domestic security authorities, said the official, who was not authorized to talk publicly about the details and spoke on condition of anonymity. But it's unclear whether the government acted on the intelligence.
Full article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081202/ap_on_re_as/as_india_shooting

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sound familiar? Indian gov't had warnings in Sept
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 12:01:17 PM »
I got this from my site manager in New Zealand.

Brett Taylor, one of the owners and the buyer for Blacktown Lumber one of our better customers in Sydney, was killed by terrorists in Mumbai yesterday at the hotel where was staying.

I never met the guy, but I did correspond by email with him a couple of times.  He was a good honest guy, did what he said he would do.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sound familiar? Indian gov't had warnings in Sept
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »
India's foreign intelligence agency received information as recently as September that Pakistan-based terrorists were plotting attacks against Mumbai targets, according to a government intelligence official familiar with the matter.

The information was then relayed to domestic security authorities, said the official, who was not authorized to talk publicly about the details and spoke on condition of anonymity. But it's unclear whether the government acted on the intelligence.
Full article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081202/ap_on_re_as/as_india_shooting

Not only did they get information from other sources they actually intercepted a call that went to one of the leaders of that terrorist cell in Pakistan pretty much confirming what they had been told prior.  I still have yet to figure out why they didn't even so much as beef up the police.

Not sure if this is true, I heard it on KFI last night on my way home, but Kennedy and Suits were saying that the actual hotel Taj hotel was named as the spot they were going to attack in the report.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com