Author Topic: End of game play Lakers/Pacers  (Read 1349 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
End of game play Lakers/Pacers
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »
One of those wild plays you really only see in basketball.  Shot is missed and Troy Murphy kind of just slaps up at the ball, ball flies up in the air,  it bounces on the rim, falls in as the buzzer sounds to give the Pacers the much deserved W.  I did see a highlight of it just a minute ago on ESPN since it was out of market for most of the board.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: End of game play Lakers/Pacers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
I was surprised that this game wasn't on tape delay on Kcal 9 - have they stopped with that nonsense this year?

I'm watching the sixers continuing descent into suckitude

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:29:21 PM »
I was surprised that this game wasn't on tape delay on Kcal 9 - have they stopped with that nonsense this year?

It was on tape delay.  Was listening to the game real time on the radio at 4 but re-watched the first quarter once I got home.  Hopefully the Lakers only decided to do a day trip to suckitude because they looked horrible tonight.  The defense was horrid.  They deserved to lose and the Pacers deserved to win so I was not too mad when the ball rolled in for Murphy.  Cool play and one of the reasons I love to watch basketball games.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »

It was on tape delay.  Was listening to the game real time on the radio at 4 but re-watched the first quarter once I got home.  Hopefully the Lakers only decided to do a day trip to suckitude because they looked horrible tonight.  The defense was horrid.  They deserved to lose and the Pacers deserved to win so I was not too mad when the ball rolled in for Murphy.  Cool play and one of the reasons I love to watch basketball games.

I don't think it was tape delayed, it started at 4 here in LA.  I was taping it and the last 40+ seconds of the game went past the 3 hour time slot and I missed it!!!! FRAK!  >:(  I did read they lost at the last second but I thought it was Granger who won it.  The 2nd unit played like poopie to start the 4th and give up a 17 point lead.  This is the 3rd game I've seen this year where the 2nd unit blew it.

The Lakers D looks like BS, I don't see this new focus on D from the Lakers.  Much like Sasha's FAKE hustle D, the Laker team D looks like a fraud.  The Lakers front line still looks soft, Gasol/Odom looked tougher than Gasol/Bynum.  Bynum needs to put on his big boy pants and start banging in the paint or the EC is going to tear the Lakers up like tissue paper.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
I'm watching the sixers game and trying to take something good out of it as they are winning but just can't - it's ugly unejoyable basketball.

According to KCAL their broadcast started on time at 4 PM local time - in past years they started the games an hour later so more people could watch

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »
I'm watching the sixers game and trying to take something good out of it as they are winning but just can't - it's ugly unejoyable basketball.

According to KCAL their broadcast started on time at 4 PM local time - in past years they started the games an hour later so more people could watch

It was great....back before everyone in the area got DVR/TIVO.  Now it doesn't really matter either way.  At least I had something to occupy my time on the freeway when I got off work.