Author Topic: NBA Finals preview tonight. Rockets vs Celtics  (Read 3917 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA Finals preview tonight. Rockets vs Celtics
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 11:33:01 AM »
No I am not joking.  Your reason for you saying they wont have a let down doesn't make sense.  Maybe if does in your cabaza but not to anyone else.  There is high expectations for them this year with the addition of Ron Artest and Yao coming back from injury.

Btw..you dont have to watch every single NBA game to know they have injuries each year.  Again, irrelevant.  Last year they had a huge let down even though the previous 3 they had injuries to key players.

Ok wk, I will explain it to you.  I am not saying that injuries are not a major factor with the Rockets, in fact I've stated that myself.  I am commenting on your "ripe" comment.  Using ripe implies it was not ready, "ripe", before.  The fact is the Rockets have had injuries that derailed them over and over again, so their non-ripe state is injured, their ripe state is not injured.  The Lakers had a good run last year, they are looking awesome right now, the reason I use "ripe" is because the Lakers have not lost Kobe for a significant amount of time, so they are now "ripe" because their non-ripe state is a healthy Kobe, their ripe state is Kobe injured.

They are not injured right now and added a new player who is suppose to take them over the top.  If they get injured then they will have a let down.  In fact I would say EVERY YEAR they are ripe for a let down due to injury.

While I dont disagree the Lakers are prone to a let down, all the hype makes me agree, I still think Houston is more likely to have a let down then the Lakers.  Aside from 2 the Lakers technically are stacked at each position.  If Bynum goes down again, Pau is there and vice versa.  If Lamar goes down Ariza is there.  If Fish goes down Farmar is there, etc etc.  If Yao, Artest, or McGrady go down they dont have anyone close to fill those shoes.  Yes that includes Scola who is not near the caliber of player as Ming.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:35:22 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com