Author Topic: Are the Lakers playing possum?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Are the Lakers playing possum?
« on: April 14, 2004, 10:30:36 AM »
Or will they actualy become 1st/2nd round road kill?

Only caught the 2nd half last night, at the time the GSW's had a 10 point lead which they built up to 16 and I heard a few of the boo-birds start to sing.  The Lakers should be booed half the game they way they're playing right now.  The Lakers then flip the switch and pull the game out in the 4th quarter.  Shaq was a monster in the closing minutes.  I hope the beast is unleashed for the playoffs, the offense MUST run through the most dominant eva!  Laker will live and die with Shaq in the paint putting up 20+ shots per game.

The defense needs to improve and I don't think Shaq flashing and chasing the roller on the pick and roll is the right thing to do, he just needs to show to drive the roller 2 feet behind the screen and then get back to his man.

Can't wait to see which Laker team shows up in the playoffs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_spursfan101

Are the Lakers playing possum?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:33:41 PM »
LA put a nice "run" together, but I don't think their in championship form.  Spurs are gelling at the right time, teams  are trying to figure out their new motion offense, I think the Spurs will be tough to beat in a 7 game series.

Spurs aren't as predicatable as they used to be.  Only thing predictable is that fantastic D.