Author Topic: Vince Carter heading to L.A.? Clippers or Lakers?  (Read 1338 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Vince Carter heading to L.A.? Clippers or Lakers?
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »
I have been reading/hearing rumors about the Nets moving VC to L.A.  The talk is VC for Odom but the Lakers are balking at VC's contract.  The other talk is VC for Mobley and filler, NJ is trying to get cap relief for the LeBron run in 2010.

I don't know how VC would fit in with the Lakers.  He's more of a natural SF than Odom but I am not sure how consistent VC is from the outside.  VC will be a better finisher and one-on-one play maker but he's not better than Kobe who is really the only guy who has the green light to break the triangle.  Odom is a better rebounder IMO, better than Gasol IMO as well, and IMO is a better overall player than VC.  I think Odom's complaining about comming off the bench, coming into camp out of shape, and not working on his outside shot might have been the signals the Lakers needed to commit to moving him.  I would much rather see a Marion for Odom swap but IMO the Spurs would be a much better fit and should be more willing to offer him a contract extension, which I'm pretty sure the Lakers will refuse to do since they are way over the cap with Gasol and still need to sign some key free agents.

VC to the Clippers would be AWESOME!  I would pee my pants to see that, the Clippers will still suck but it will be fun to watch VC light up the court for 40 to 45 games next season.  ;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vince Carter heading to L.A.? Clippers or Lakers?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
I'll be PISSED if we give up Lamar Odom for Vince Carter.  That would be a BONE HEAD move.  So Vince can score, great.  He can't pass, he can't defend, he can't lead a break, and he can't rebound.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:07:31 PM »
I'll be PISSED if we give up Lamar Odom for Vince Carter.  That would be a BONE HEAD move.  So Vince can score, great.  He can't pass, he can't defend, he can't lead a break, and he can't rebound.

I hear you WK, BUT he beats his chest and points to his heart after an awesome dunk!  Argue that beeyotch!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »
Vince Carter is still in the league?  I second westkoast said. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but the Lakers problem wasn't scoring last year was it?  Wasn't it defense and rebounding?  So why trade a rebounder (Odom) for a guy who can't play defense (Carter)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
I hope we aren't using Chad Ford as a 'reliable' or 'informed' source?