Author Topic: Elgin Baylor resigns  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Elgin Baylor resigns
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
Since you don't seem to want to let it go - the quote below is the 'culprit' - for a variety of reasons i won't get into because of the request for civility and my tendency to get banned

It's all good. Now that we understand each other, it has been "let go."

I can let it go when people don't like me for what I am based on some bias or prejudice. But when they try to disguise that by attributing to me words that are not mine, I call them on it, and then I let it go.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
Wait, are you denying that those are your words?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »
Wait, are you denying that those are your words?

I don't know what to say. Guys? Skander? Joe? WoW? Is he serious?

Jemagee, you are now speaking with Ted. My name is Ted. Please check that link again.

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=4936.15

And by the way, if more people DID believe that Jesus is Lord and abortion is murder and started acting like it, then maybe our country would have a strong enough moral compass not to accept what is passing as government and actually make a few sacrifices in order to do something about it, instead of looking at it from the self-centered view.

Joe posted that remark in response to Skander's remark about us electing leaders based on the fact that Jesus is Lord and abortion is murder. Ted, who is me, was not involved in that particular back and forth.

Maybe it's time for you to accept that you are overmatched on this board.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
Ted

I appreciate that you've never made a mistake or mis-spoken

I however can admit  that I did - it's hard to keep all the humoreless close minded fundamentalists straight

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 01:55:33 PM »

I however can admit  that I did - it's hard to keep all the humoreless close minded fundamentalists straight

And I thought it was easy...they're all Philly fans.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 02:02:38 PM »

And I thought it was easy...they're all Philly fans.   ;)

Man, them's fighting words fella, and if I wasn't a pacifist, well I'd, well I probably still wouldn't fight ya since I always thought those who had to resort to physical violence to settle disputes are, politely, tools :)

Now, where's my snowball so i can throw it at santa claus while simultaneously booing him and cheering manny ramirez broken eye socket from cole hamels for crowding the plate (Hey, I'm not the guy who wrote one way to deal with Manny was to bust him inside cause he doesn't like it, someone else wrote it, I'm just saying it's the obvious outcome from a philadlephia phillie, those damn thugs)

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »
Ted

I appreciate that you've never made a mistake or mis-spoken

You're right. That last post was a little mean. I'm sorry.

But you have to admit . . . I mean . . . you actually quoted the thing. You had to go to Joe's post to quote it! Wait . . . I'm being mean again. Sorry.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 11:03:18 PM »
You're right. That last post was a little mean. I'm sorry.

Dang, the board has gone queer......

Ted, is that allowed in your belief system?  What will all your teen brides say?

Speaking of "da gays"......IMO Baylor was not a "smart" man, at least he's never come off that way to me.  I've excahnged some words with the man...  :D  ....I've heard him handle questions off the cuff durring season ticket holder events and he's no Jerry West......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »

I know WoW.  I wussed out big time.  I just had this thought banging around in my head that seemed especially pertinent.  Something from a quote I once heard:

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

And I felt strongly that . . . oh wait!  There I go bringing back the Jesus talk . . . Sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry!  I didn't mean to offend anyone with my moralizing. *spits* :-[

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2008, 10:46:21 AM »

I know WoW.  I wussed out big time.  I just had this thought banging around in my head that seemed especially pertinent.  Something from a quote I once heard:

"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

And I felt strongly that . . . oh wait!  There I go bringing back the Jesus talk . . . Sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry-sorry!  I didn't mean to offend anyone with my moralizing. *spits* :-[

Please stop being preachy.  The most bible pushing I can take is the John 3:16 on the bottom of the cups at In N Out.  Wait I finally realized why Jem HATES In N Out.

Does the GM really need to be smart in the sense of being well spoken?  Elgin Baylor does know basketball and what it takes to be a player in the pros.  Doesn't that count for more then being able to make small talk with you (W.O.W)  ?  Pop is dumb and he was/is GM right?  The Spurs look to be doing well with a "dummy"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:48:16 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »
Does the GM really need to be smart in the sense of being well spoken?

Chris Mullin and Larry Bird are GMs...does that answer your question?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »
Does the GM really need to be smart in the sense of being well spoken?  Elgin Baylor does know basketball and what it takes to be a player in the pros.  Doesn't that count for more then being able to make small talk with you (W.O.W)  ?  Pop is dumb and he was/is GM right?  The Spurs look to be doing well with a "dummy"

wk, you sound as stupid as a GM!  ;)  The "off the cuff" questions were regarding basketball, my mention of season ticket holder events were not clear enough I guess.  ::)  Dunleavy comes off a bit more "well spoken" when it comes to basketball.  Let's see what type of job he does.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »

wk, you sound as stupid as a GM!  ;)  The "off the cuff" questions were regarding basketball, my mention of season ticket holder events were not clear enough I guess.  ::)  Dunleavy comes off a bit more "well spoken" when it comes to basketball.  Let's see what type of job he does.

No they were not clear because you never said what you guys talked about.  You know, it is very possible for you to just have a regular conversation with the guy that didn't test his GM skills.

Why don't you go into a bit more detail on why you think he doesn't have GM skills there buddy?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
No they were not clear because you never said what you guys talked about.  You know, it is very possible for you to just have a regular conversation with the guy that didn't test his GM skills.

Why don't you go into a bit more detail on why you think he doesn't have GM skills there buddy?

It's cause he gave me and a few others a Sarah Palin type answer to questions.  Before Kaman came on board I asked him about the size of the team.  At the time Brand was our low post threat, I asked him how comfortable he felt with that considering guys like TD, Shaq and KG in the WC.  His answer was "an inside game is important to winning basketball and there are quite a few excellent post players in the WC and the WC has been a winning style of basketball."   Hmmmmm......can you see WC basketball from your back yard Mr. Baylor?  All his answers to questions were cliche's, just like the players do on ESPN. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"