Author Topic: McCain/Obama debate, debate (heh)  (Read 12096 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: McCain/Obama debate, debate (heh)
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2008, 08:34:21 AM »
We are in a dire crisis per our leaders.  The exact same leaders that are now taking a holiday and not scheduled to meet again until Thursday.  Firefighters and police have to work holidays.  Many people I know who MAKE A LOT LESS MONEY THAN CONGRESSMEN are forced to work holidays if necessary.

WHY NOT CONGRESS?

I urge everyone to contact their representative and/or senator and ask WTF?

http://www.house.gov/

http://www.senate.gov/

WTF?  If Howard Stern can show up for work, then eveyone who doesn't wear a yamika on their head, to hide their horns of course, should also show up for work!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »
I don't *WANT* them at work.  I want them letting this freaking bailout plan DIE the death that the general public wants it to die.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »
Be careful what you wish for Joe.  I want those responsible to be given the chance to pay their way out, Not be bailed out.

Otherwise, sound businesses will also fail and that means pain for innocent people.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »
Be careful what you wish for Joe.  I want those responsible to be given the chance to pay their way out, Not be bailed out.

Otherwise, sound businesses will also fail and that means pain for innocent people.

Problem is you can't have it both ways Rick, those responsible WILL NOT pay their way out, they are crying like whipped little girls that they need to be bailed out and the more they scream doom and gloom, the better their chance the Feds will step in, either way you and I are are totally hosed.

IF and that is a huge IF, the market is allowed to self correct, these greedy pigs will be gone (hopefully to some accomodations in the local federal prison) and the smart bankers will streamline and tighten up credit standards without hurting business expansion, which is doable only if markets are self adjusted rather than socialized byt the government.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2008, 07:18:40 AM »
I am still waiting to hear which companies failed to make payroll yesterday (end of month).  That was one of the big reasons this bailout was needed.  Companies wouldn't be able to make payroll, pay their vendors , etc.  So far none of this has happened.  Which IMO means that there is enough lending available...maybe not optimal lending but sufficient.  Or companies are doing a great job of masking it all which seems unlikely because if any major company missed payroll then it would be everywhere in the news.  If some mom & pop business die then maybe they weren't as strong business-wise as the owners believed.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues