Author Topic: Nozefest going on at Staples  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Nozefest going on at Staples
« on: April 09, 2004, 11:35:20 PM »
but down 29-12 in FT attempts in spite of leading the whole game.  End of 3rd qtr.

Dont give us the Hack a Shaq card because besides being b.s., Shraq only has like 5 attempts.  They're back.......

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 03:19:51 PM »
but down 29-12 in FT attempts in spite of leading the whole game.  End of 3rd qtr.

Dont give us the Hack a Shaq card because besides being b.s., Shraq only has like 5 attempts.  They're back.......
Hmm,  you weren't complaining when the Spurs had a 29-13 advantage against the Detroit Pistons, were you?  16 point advantage in FT's over Detroit -- even those out and the game is the Pistons.   :o  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 03:38:16 PM »
Were the Spurs behind the Pistons by 19 points?

The Griz were ahead of the Flakers by 19 points in the 2nd qtr.  Why would they foul and thus stop the clock while being that far ahead?  Also only get 4 FTAs in the next 14 minutes while the Flamers get a bunch.  

No the Griz were not failing to drive the ball to the hoop.
No they were not playing Hack a Shack.
No it wasnt rrrrrraaaaaagh that unstoppable Laker O and D.

Yes the calls were gagging.
Yes you dont need to answer.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 03:48:59 PM »
Were the Spurs behind the Pistons by 19 points?

The Griz were ahead of the Flakers by 19 points in the 2nd qtr.  Why would they foul and thus stop the clock while being that far ahead?  Also only get 4 FTAs in the next 14 minutes while the Flamers get a bunch.  

No the Griz were not failing to drive the ball to the hoop.
No they were not playing Hack a Shack.
No it wasnt rrrrrraaaaaagh that unstoppable Laker O and D.

Yes the calls were gagging.
Yes you dont need to answer.
the fact is that the Lakers have to have the refs to win but the Spurs don't.  

It's always SOME reason isn't it?  #1, #2 or #3 - it can't be because the Lakers are good enough to win, can it?  At least not in your eyes, huh?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 04:04:48 PM »
the fact is that the Lakers have to have the refs to win but the Spurs don't.  

It's always SOME reason isn't it?  #1, #2 or #3 - it can't be because the Lakers are good enough to win, can it?
Good Lord you are making sense.

Occasionally the Lakers win on merit.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 06:04:27 PM »
Randy, you stupid, moron, hater, idiot! Only the Spurs benefit from good play and an ability to rally, not the Lakers! What is the matter with you! The Lakers clear advantage in the paint (54 to 40), Kobe's driving the lane and forcing fouls to put himself on the line 15 times, the Lakers advantage in virtually every category except from beyond the arch, had nothing to do with it, the refs took it as a personal challenge to see if they could give LA the win from 19 down. Never mind that if Memphis had made even 8 of the FT's they missed while going for .500 from the line and they win this game. Never mind Memphis' TOTAL meltdown in the 2nd and 3rd when they very stupidly fell into LA's hands and tried to beat them from the perimeter, never mind that LA lived in the post, easily explaining the foul shooting disparity, never mind LA's defense in those same 2 previously mentioned quarters forcing the bulk of the turnovers that LA converted to 24 points.

No, I take it back Randy, only a stupid, moron, hater, demented delusional conspiracy theorist IDIOT would ignore the Spurs 29-13 FT advantage and chalk up their win to good play instead of good old homecookin' while not giving LA the same credit. It's sure good we have no one like THAT on this board huh, Randy?

Wouldn't you agree Randy, it must be convenient and perfectly gratifying to know that win or lose, you still win if you believe the only way LA wins is if they have it handed to them so that if the win a ring, they didn't earn it, but if they don't, it only means the game was played and called fair. The only problem with that, it seems to me, is that if any hopelessly embicilic fool believed in such a theory, how could they explain away the Spurs winning it all last year? Wouldn't it seem to contradict the conspiracy theory? Oh wait, that theory is only for when you can't come up with any real, legitimate, plausible, logical reasons for the fact that LA is loaded with talent and despite the best efforts of brain dead haters, prove regularly that they can beat anyone, ON TALENT AND SKILL ALONE!!!

Boy, I will tell you Randy, it is sure good to know we have no one THAT stupid on our board!
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 06:47:03 PM »
You may find the following article parts helpful:

The word fan is taken from the word "fanatical"
It is also of interest to note the definition given to the word “fanatic” by Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, 1961 edition. It says: ‘Fanatic—Latin, inspired by a deity.
1. possessed by or as if by a demon; broadly: crazed, frantic, mad.
2. governed, produced, or characterized by too great zeal: extravagant, unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious subjects.’

Like spursfan101 I don't know of any bandwagon Spurs fans, but am aware of the millions of global Laker bandwagon fans along with a lifetime Fan like yourself.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 07:19:50 PM »
Like spursfan101 I don't know of any bandwagon Spurs fans
You need to get in touch with yourself......
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 12:35:35 AM »
Reality, speaking of being fanatical, you sound somewhat like a Boston Fanatic who's still a little bitter about those butt-whooping from the late 80's and the fact that Boston has yet to return to its former glory.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 03:11:20 AM »
*Guest*
nut up and get a posting name.

I am so over the Celts demise post 1986.
I never did recognize the 87 injury title or the 88 marketing fixed one with Nozing reffing extreme vs Utah and Dallas.  You no doubt bought numerous marketing items as clones did.  

But i do have fond memories of the butt kickings the '92-'96 Sonics put on.
As well as MJ dominating Magic.

Sour Grapes

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 12:02:39 PM »
*Guest*
nut up and get a posting name.

I am so over the Celts demise post 1986.
I never did recognize the 87 injury title or the 88 marketing fixed one with Nozing reffing extreme vs Utah and Dallas.  You no doubt bought numerous marketing items as clones did.  

But i do have fond memories of the butt kickings the '92-'96 Sonics put on.
As well as MJ dominating Magic.
I was once a bitter as you.  It's amazing what winning does.  

I was actually convinced that Jordan was the anti-Christ.  Regardless of the conversation I always managed to inject some  Jordan insult.  I don't care much anymore.  As a matter of fact, I haven't thought about him much since June 2000.   I once despised Shawn Kemp.  Now I just feel sorry for him.   I loathed Laimbeer, okay I still do but it's warranted.

And of course there were the what ifs….. what if Magic and Scott didn’t pull their hamstrings..  What if the Len Bias tragedy didn’t happen…oops wrong team but I’m sure get the idea.  

I guess what I’m trying to say is that one day, 10-15 years from now the Celtics will win again.  You’ll come across some hater, most likely some fanatical Bobcats fan and you will explain to them how you once were a hater but now you hardly ever think of the Lakers.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 02:31:33 PM »
You must be on my winnin juice customer list.

Someday you may get off of it.

Sour Grapes

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 03:07:03 PM »
I'm sure you need some for those bitter pills you keep swallowing.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2004, 03:41:03 PM »
Only thing bitter in my life is part of the dishes Mrs. R. and her Korean Babe friends cooked up.  

WooHoo!  
Another Reality winnin team about ready to move up in the standings.  :D  :lol:
Halftime Kings Flamers.

Sour Grapes

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 04:14:09 PM »
Considering you're implicated in about 45% of the post about the Lakers (that's a pretty high precentage considering the number of regular posters.)  I'm going to say anything else.  I'll just wait to see how long it takes for you to make a post about the Lakers.

Ready set go...........